Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Define Self-Respect

What is my self-respect? My answer is living life being a good person. I take good care of myself. I improve my life indefinitely. I'm physically active working out at the gym and hiking. I keep my brain active reading books and learning new job skills. I live a clean life free from clutter, dirt, and smell. I sleep at least 7 hours a night to rest my soul. I control my emotions being calm. I surround myself with good people. There are procedures to avoid my urge to splurge on useless goods and wasted services.

I avoid anything which makes my life go downhill. I'm not going to live a sedentary life. I'm not going to live a life lonely. I minimize eating junk food. I avoid people who influence me in a negative way. People who are living a half-ass life stay away.

Here is a recent event related to self-respect. I retired watching Japanese anime on Sep 2014. The retirement changed me. I respect my new free time doing more productive activities and more important responsibilities. I never watched an episode of Family Guy since Sep 2014. I must be growing out of adult cartoons. I have spent my free time working out at the gym more consistently. My desktop stopped working in Dec 2014. The timing was good having the additional free time to research new hardware in Jan 2015. I continue installing software programs as of the blog entry. I completed the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training in Feb 2015. I continue self-training and finding more classes in emergency skills such as first-aid. And the free time gives me opportunities to pursue new leisure activities. More workouts at the gym, upgrading my computer, CERT training, learning emergency skills, and finding new leisure activities are more respectable than watching cartoons. One of these days these accomplishments result in positive outcomes in the future.

Furthermore, I was unemployed in Sep 2014 and Oct 2014. The time not watching anime was spent on job searching, learning new job skills, and refreshing existing job skills. I job searched six days a week. I taught myself Python. I reviewed Excel, Access, and SQL. The hard work was rewarded with a contract job at a network security company. I plan to expand my Excel, review my SQL again, and learn data analysis starting in Apr 2015. Hadoop and big data are on the list of new job skills to learn. I want my future. I must earn my future. I'm ready to live independently. It's time to move out of my parent's home. I want to make my own choices. I live my life my way.

I act, behave, and think my age. I want to live my life consistently getting better. My appearance is welcoming. People are comfortable being with me. I want to respect myself making good choices for the better of my life. I don't hold myself back; for example, I play to win playing board games. Peyton Manning said years ago he plays to win by embarrassing his opponents winning big. He could apologize after the game.

I believe with self-respect includes self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-discipline. The human from head to toe and from inside and outside are all full circle. Some of my common statements in past blogs include the following: I don't take life for granted; I earn my successes; I'm responsible; I'm stronger, smarter, kinder, and wiser; I learn from my mistakes; get stronger; be brave; be mature; and always meeting new people are full circle. These statements are part of my self-respect.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: