Monday, March 23, 2015

What's In Raymond Mar's Open Mind Now

I share my thoughts with my open mind in a relax state. Today's blog is not instant bullets. I'm thinking these thoughts at the present moment.

*I believe the productive workers have too much free time. Think about it. These workers complete their assignments effectively they're ready for the next assignment. The free time workers keep themselves occupied in nonrelated work activities; moreover, productive workers spend time to refresh their job skills and new job skills out of the office. On the other hand, the workers working every minute of the hour are likely to stress out. Stressed out workers are prone to commit more mistakes, become grumpy, lose focus, and experience fatigue at a faster pace than productive workers. I don't want to talk to a stressed out worker at the end of the day. Productive workers must not be overlooked. If I'm interviewing a job candidate who says he or she works every minute every workday, I remove him or her from candidacy.

*Listen to classical music a minimum of once a week. I recommend listening to KDFC 89.1 FM, 90.3 FM, and 104.9 FM in the San Francisco Bay Area. The classical radio station can be listened on kdfc.com. Classical music helps relax a person, free his or her mind, and makes a person smarter. Another website to listen to classical music is calmradio.com. And classical music can be found on the Winamp app.

*March Madness. Tue Mar 17 began the 2015 NCAA Basketball Tournament. There are exciting upsets. The brackets broke on the first day of Round Two. I watch the highlighted upsets during my free time at work. I remember watching the games on my cubicle when I worked at Cisco.

*Email is not used to converse with co-workers a short distance away in a cubicle environment. One of my work pet peeves is an email conversation with another co-worker who is a couple of cubicle rows away from me. I walk to his or her cubicle to continue the conversation. I'm old school conversing with people. Let's talk face to face. Let's have human interaction.

*Choose one: a longer commute living in a lower cost of living area or a shorter commute living in a higher cost of living area? My choice is a shorter commute. My lifestyle values more free time and better health. More freedom is more valuable than saving money living in a cheaper city.

*Salesforce. Anyone except an administrative or a developer can learn Salesforce on the job and watching beginning videos. It's like a professional Facebook. Post updates, share files, create dashboards using wizards, online chatting, private messaging, and networking.

*Intuition. More workers need to trust their intuition. I've seen workers afraid of listening to their gut feeling. They feel comfortable with data supporting their positions. If the data is wrong, outcomes are wrong. Intuition can check wrong data. Listen to the bell ringing in the back of the head. The business world relies too much on big data. The world relies too much on big data. Steve Jobs was correct. He was quoted, "I began to realize that an intuitive understanding and consciousness was more significant than abstract thinking and intellectual logical analysis. Intuition is a very powerful thing, more powerful than intellect, in my opinion. That's had a big impact on my work."

Perhaps, I add Steve Jobs' biography to my reading wish list.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: