Saturday, July 19, 2008

Triple Shot 2 of 3: No More Speedy Gonzalez

I paid $4.51 a gallon the last time I filled my car with gas. California is one of the highest states for gas prices. I read an article that surveyed drivers at what price are drivers begin to slow down. The survey found most drivers slow down when the price reaches $5.00.

I drive the expressway to and from work. An expressway is a like a freeway with signal lights and slower speed limits from 45mph to 50mph. I started to slow down around the second week of June. Instead of driving 55mph on the expressway, I drive 45mph-50mph. Instead of driving 75mph-80mph on a 65mph speed limit freeway, I drive 65mph-70mph. I drive 60mph for short distance and no traffic. Moreover, more drivers are slowing down during my commutes which I’m happy. Yay!

Driving slower saves gas and saves money. Do it now. And don’t drive talking on your cell phone. Use hands free devices. On July 1, it’s illegal to drive with a cell phone in California. I noticed more people concentrate on the road including driving at the speed of traffic *__* 9 out of 10 times when I see a car driving as if I’m in danger, the driver is talking on the cell phone.

No comments: