Monday, April 19, 2010

De Anza Week Apr 12, 2010

Tue Apr 13, 2010

I earned a 100% on the first quiz for Acct 1C. It was my first 100% on Venka's quizzes. I didn't score a 100% on her Acct 1B quizzes. I submitted my extra credit. She changed the extra credit policy. Students earn two extra credit points by writing the summary and vocabulary.

I forgot to eat my banana during the break. I was tired at the second half of the class meeting. I was sleepy and my concentration was weak.

In Bus 18, I asked the teacher during the break I didn't find the first homework assignment on her webpage. She directed me to the website and it was there. Weird. I complete the homework tonight. And I forgot to mention from last week's blog the class is held in a small lecture room. It's not a typical classroom. The lecture room reminded me of my first class at San Jose State. The class was History 15A US History and Political Science.

I arrived 15 minutes early for Acct 66. The instructor and a few students were in the classroom. We were watching YouTube videos. It appeared a few students dropped because the class was not overcrowded. The instructor rushed Chap 1 and Chap 2 to catch up from the cancelled class last Thur. He delayed the first mid-term to Tue Apr 27 from Thur Apr 22. I have two mid-terms on Tue Apr 27.

Tonight I complete the homework for Bus 18 and start reading Chap 3 for Acct 66.

Wed Apr 14, 2010

First, I review the lessons I learned in Fall '09 and Winter '10. The Fall '09 lesson was everyone is human. I'm human. You're human. The people next to you are human. We have feelings. We have desires. We have strengths and weaknesses. We have people to support us. Don't hold back—let it all out. The Winter '10 lesson was go with the flow. There were times I had so much homework I was behind in other activities. Go with the flow. My workout schedules were inconsistent. Go with the flow. In good times and in bad times, go with the flow.

I believe Spring '10 lesson happened in dance class. The newest lesson is timing is everything. Tonight was our second class meeting. The men stank. We were awful. There were men who didn't learn the basic cha cha cha. My past classes everyone learned the basic Cha Cha Cha in the middle of the second class meeting. Winter '10 the women were awful; however, they improved towards the end of the quarter. I predict the same situation happens for the men in Spring '10. Group dance lessons the men rotate most of the time to dance with different partners. The men were garbage. There were three couples who didn't want to rotate partners. I don't blame them. There was one couple who didn't participate. They just watched. I'm guessing they were frustrated.

Its bad timing Wed night class had lots of men who have trouble learning. There was no mix of good and bad men. My past classes we learned quicker, got along well with each other, and the atmosphere was happy and great. I believe Wed night class has none of the above. Moreover, Wed Apr 21 class there is a substitute teaching salsa. Most of the students forget what we learned on Wed Apr 28.

Action must be taken. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice like singing class in Winter '10. I'm switching classes from the Wed night to the Mon night. I talked to students I know. They said the Mon class is going well. I take a chance. Monday's class can't get worse than Wed. The Mon class is learning the Nite Club Two Step. I got the outline and I start practicing.

I'm going to wait a few weeks before declaring officially the Spring '10 lesson is timing is everything.

Thur Apr 15, 2010

I'm struggling with Chapter 20 in Acct 1C class. The quiz is Tue Apr 20. I need extra time to learn the material. In Bus 18, we finished Chapter 3. I completed the homework and emailed to the instructor. The questions were straight from the lecture. The breaks between the two classes I purchased snacks at the bookstore and the cafeteria. There were no bananas at home.

No YouTube videos before Acct 66. The instructor arrived just in time for class. He didn't eat breakfast or lunch. We're caught up after he cancelled last Thur's class. Speaking of my lesson on timing, we talked about timing in class. Boston Market was thriving in the late '90s. The fast food restaurant went from 700 stores to at least 1,200 stores in the early 2000s. Bad luck and bad timing. The economy went into a recession after the dot com bust. Boston Market dropped from at least 1,200 stores to around 500 stores.

The movie theatre across the street shows $3.50 movies. I consider that for cheap entertainment. Tonight, work on Acct 1C homework.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: