Thursday, April 29, 2010

De Anza Week Apr 26, 2010

Mon Apr 26, 2010

Ballroom dancing requires some physical fitness and non-everyday movement with arms and legs. Dancing can be hard to many people out of shape. I was embarrassed I forgot a few moves in the Nite Club Two Step chorography. I wrote the pattern when I returned home. After Two Step, we learned the Tango. The Tango is a physical demanding dance such as bending your knees. The women have the harder parts because they're dancing backwards. Regardless, men and women who can't bend their knees, hold their frame, and dance gracefully are going to have a hard time learning. Mentally, they understand what's taught. It's executing the dance physically a challenge to some.

The dance class was another night of fun. Everyone had a good time. I saw two familiar faces visiting the class. There were a few Wed night students attending Mon night. There were a few couples who don't rotate partners. They were the ones falling behind in the lessons. The point of rotating is to mix newbies and veterans for the veterans to assist in teaching the patterns.

I danced both Two Step and Tango without holding back. I let it all out. I danced not as a newbie. I danced as a student who took dance class before. I didn't hold back. Holding back has been a bad habit; however, I feel a few situations it's appropriate to hold back.

Tue Apr 27, 2010

There was no lunch from home to bring to De Anza. I purchased lunch at a Japanese supermarket. No more eating at the De Anza cafeteria. No more fries and chicken nuggets.

I have a quiz for Acct 1C and mid-terms for Bus 18 and Acct 66. I scored a 100% for the quiz. It was amazing because I read Chapter 21 and didn't fully understand. I had to focus hard during the lecture to get a better understanding. Earning a 100% assured me I'm ready for the mid-term on Thur. I study tonight and all day tomorrow. Yes, I'm cramming.

An embarrassing moment happened at the end. I confused one student with another with a weird comment. The two students were female, Indian, same height, very similar voices, wore nose ring, and even looked the same from my point of view. I thought she did her hair differently, remove her nose ring, and wore makeup. I was wrong. It was a different person. Why the heck did the new person sit in a different spot and confused me?

The instructor proctored the Bus 18 mid-term as if it was a law school class. The instructor has three mid-term versions and everyone had to spread out. The first 20 minutes was a Q&A session. That's a great idea. Next, the instructor passed out the mid-terms faced down. The class had 65 minutes to complete. Everyone was to flip over the mid-terms together. The instructor posted the time the mid-term ended and even displayed the Windows "Date and Time Properties" window to show the clock on the overhead projector. The mid-term was straightforward and I'm confident I did well.

I had extra time between Bus 18 and Acct 66. I went to the library to study Acct 66. I was unconfident I knew all the material. The instructor teaches the class fast. Unfortunately, the extra studying helped little. It seemed I knew everything for the mid-term. I went to the campus center to eat my Japanese lunch. I purchased too much food. I was full. Perhaps, the oatmeal breakfast and the mid-term adrenaline hindered my appetite.

The Acct 66 mid-term was proctored weird. There were four versions. And the rows were aligned weird. Row one the students faced the front, row two the students faced the back, row three the students faced the front, row four the students faced the back, etc. The instructor passed out the attendance sign up sheet. What's the point? He could have used the mid-terms as attendance checks.

I struggled with the mid-term. I had to guess two out of five multiple choice questions. I struggled with one of the three problems. I score high if my guesses were correct and I correctly solved the struggled problem. I checked my homework at home. I misunderstood the concept on the struggled problem; however, I answered correctly solving the problem differently. I could lose points from calculations errors. I'm confident I used the formulas correctly. The instructor said on the first time he grades on a curve.

I studied my mid-terms when I attended San Jose State a minimum of two weeks. The Bus 18 and Acct 66 I started studying last Thur. I studied for three days. I excluded the activities I did outside studying. I'm studying Acct 1C for a day and a half. I'm learning the concepts faster and retaining the material quicker. I comprehend the information at a faster rate. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm in junior college and junior college is easier than state universities? Perhaps cramming is my new way of studying and telling me I'm ready for stressful jobs such as sales presentations, lol. Or maybe its good timing my classes are easy. Timing? There's another entry talking about "timing is everything." I mentioned "timing is everything" a possible Spring '10 life lesson. I'm still thinking to declare Spring '10 lesson "timing is everything."

Thur Apr 29, 2010

The attendance for Acct 1C was less than 50% of the registered enrollment. The reason was the instructor gave the option for students to take the mid-term on Mon instead of today. My closest classmates and I choose to take the mid-term today. We reasoned to get it over with and we remember what we learned on Tues. The mid-term was straightforward and I know I did well. The material was easy to understand. I'm glad I remembered almost all of the material.

I got a 100% for my Bus 18 mid-term. At least 50% of the mid-term was high school government. Students who know little about government and foreign born students have difficulty learning business law. I have a better understanding why the class is hard for some students. We're all human.

I want the campus center to show something on the TV. I watched a soccer game when I ate my lunch. I purchased food from a Japanese supermarket. I think about eating Japanese food for lunch during my break.

Acct 66 was interesting. The instructor reviews the first mid-term on Tues. Chapter 5 homework was due. I didn't do it. I read half of the chapter. The instructor said the second mid-term contains half of chapter 5 material. Lucky! And good timing I didn't collect the homework. I mentioned timing again. "Timing is everything." One reason was the instructor didn't understand and never applied the material in real life.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: