Thursday, February 17, 2011

De Anza Week Feb 14, 2011

Mon Feb 14

The past three weeks feeling fatigued, unfocused, and frustrated are summed up by the little things. I believe in the little things add up to big things. The little stress out instances and moments, the small uncontrollable events, and bad timing add up to bad luck, bad feelings, bad attitude, and my face frowning. For example, too many red signal lights, rude customers in front of me at the checkout line, slow thinking people, product out of stock, and bad dinners. Time moves on and my life turns around in time.

The professor passed out the practice mid-term in Intermediate Acct. In 40 minutes, I managed to answer 50% of the mid-term. The class anticipated Wed’s mid-term is very similar. There were lots of CPA questions. The professor mentioned some students asked for the mid-term to be delayed again. I disagreed.

In Intro to Business, we took the second mid-term. Almost all of the questions were from the lecture
Powerpoint notes. I wasted my time if I read the book. The flash cards memorizing the researches on motivating employees helped.

The practice mid-term gave me the impression Wed’s mid-term is harder than I thought. I went home after Intro to Business and skipped Mon night’s dance class. I spent tonight and tomorrow studying.

Tue Feb 15

Tomorrow’s Intermediate Acct mid-term is like real life working in a company. I have a better understanding working as a staff in a commercial real estate company. The brokers experienced last minute changes, a final push to prepare for their presentation, cramming research information and facts, and focusing on closing the deal thereby the client signs the contract. It was hard to hate the brokers when I worked in commercial real estate. I focused all day on the mid-term as if I’m making a presentation involving millions of commission revenue for my company. Nothing else bothered me.

It was another kickback day in Quickbooks class. The instructor assigned another homework assignment in Chapter 2 we completed in class. I followed the lecture on my laptop. I printed the homework in .pdf ready to submit next week.

I must make changes how I study Intermediate Acct and Intro to Business after the mid-term. I don’t want to overstudy like I have been doing the last week. Intermediate Acct is getting harder. The last two homework assignments I scored 70s and 80s in Intro to Business class. Changes and new priorities are going to be done starting on Thur. One idea is spread the reading and homework assignments in Intermediate Acct over two days instead of cramming reading and homework in one day. Three days is acceptable. I read the chapter a second time, write notes, and analyze the illustrations and examples to better comprehend the concepts.

Wed Feb 16

I felt relieve. Studying for the Intermediate Acct mid-term was like studying for a final. The mid-term is over. The mid-term was the hardest I ever took at De Anza. The mid-term was harder than many of my Economic mid-term at San Jose State. I’m free. I’m relaxed. It’s time to catch up on other activities and commitments. First, get lots of sleep.

I scored a 90% on my Intro to Business mid-term #2. My two 90% scores satisfy the mid-term criteria. We take three mid-terms, and the instructor drops the lowest score. Two 90% scores are not too shabby. I felt the second mid-term was harder than the first. The instructor said more people did better on mid-term #2 compared to mid-term #1. I start reviewing the Powerpoint lecture notes before completing the homework assignment and study at least 10 days before the mid-term.

I ate at McDonalds because there was no left over dinner at home. It was the first time I ate out in Winter ’11. The two mid-terms are completed. I have free time to cook again instead of eating the same lunch and dinner three days straight.

It was another small turnout in dance class. We reviewed the West Coast Swing and then we danced the Waltz. I chatted with two classmates and the assistant. One topic was the GRE. All of us had bachelors degrees and we talked about going back to school and people having jobs are lucky.

Another activity I catch up is watching another classic movie. The next movie is Jaws.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: