Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Accutane Day 1,300

I went to my dermatologist on Thur Aug 9 for my yearly routine appointment. I stopped using Atralin in July because it dried my skin on my face. The dry summer also caused my dryness. I started using Ziana which is a milder gel to control my acne and blackheads. I apply Ziana three days a week. My dermatologist said it was better to apply the milder Ziana three times instead of applying Atralin two days a week.

I applied Vanicream on my face when my face is dried. My dermatologist suggested I discontinue Vanicream and apply CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM. Vanicream clogs my pores. It's okay my skin is dried and chapped as long as there is no irritation and itchiness. I apply the CerVe lotion to relieve those symptoms.

Acne appeared on my face two or three times this year. That's really good. I have been experiencing blackheads and whiteheads flare-ups. I believe a significant cause is the food I eat at restaurants. I have been eating out more often. I hope applying Ziana three days a week reduce the flare-ups.

No comments: