Friday, December 07, 2012

Me Versus My Sinus Infection IV

I blogged "The Best Life Time Out Or Distraction Is Being Sick" when I got sick starting with a sore throat on Thur Nov 15. I post a follow up blog if my sickness became the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). I didn't get the RSV; however, I did get sick with common cold symptoms sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, and congestion. The coughing was mild as phlegm dripped down my throat. Phlegm is good because it removes toxins from your body.

I choose to title my latest sickness "Me Versus My Sinus Infection IV" for consistency in blogging my sickness. I'm happy I got sick twice this year compared to three times last year. I hope the rest of Dec is a healthy and strong me. Here's the timeline:

Wed Nov 14. I woke up with a sore throat. I took three sore throat lozenges. I had a runny nose in the afternoon. I ate frozen yogurt.

Thur Nov 15. I made Jell-o. My runny nose became stuffy. I ate frozen yogurt ordering a small size instead of a child size. I went to bed applying expired vapor rub on my throat and chest.

Fri Nov 16. I purchased a new bottle of vapor rub (and new first aid items). My sore throat was gone. I had congestion. I applied Vanicream moisturizer on my nose and new vapor rub before I went to bed.

Sat Nov 17. Best sleep of the week. I turned on the humidifier between 4am-7am. My phlegm caused minimal coughing. There was minor stiffness. I was very hungry in the early morning because Fri night's dinner wasn't healthy; moreover, I had a big pimple below my chin.

Sun Nov 18. Woke up sweaty at 3am. I was too hot. The humidifier seemed to not work. I think it aggravated my phlegm with coughing. My body was confused whether it was too cold or too hot. My right leg felt weak. I ate snacks at 3:15am. I applied vapor rub. I fell asleep at 5am and woke up at 10:45am.

I had mild coughing and stuffy nose throughout the day. I blew my nose fewer times. My ears started to open up. I opened the window for fresh air. I felt better going out. We had an impromptu game night. I went to bed wearing a Breath Right strip.

Mon Nov 19. Nine hours of sleep last night. I wore a Breath Right strip for the second night.

Tue Nov 20. Minor stuffy nose. The coughing with phlegm was occasional. I ate frozen yogurt.

Wed Nov 21. Lots of rest, drank lots of fluids. Coughing and stuffy nose was random and occasional.

Thur Nov 22. I vacuumed the entire house. I could breathe again. I even vacuumed the edges behind my bed to remove the dust.

Fri Nov 23. I started drinking warm water to soothe my coughing.

I continued to cough with phlegm occasionally. I was still sensitive to the cold and the dust. I knew the recovery was slowly and surly. The keys to recovery were vacuuming the house and drinking warm water. I didn't take any over-the-counter drugs and I didn't see a doctor. My body welcomed Jell-o, Coke, and frozen yogurt. Vapor rub and the Breath Right stripes assisted my sleep very well.

No comments: