Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's Okay To Live At Home

There is no shame living at home with your parents. Some of us are unemployed, underemployed, or employed full time and can't afford living on our own. It's okay. Have a good relationship with your parents, help around the house, and be a good son or daughter.

Don't take for granted living at home. We still have to follow the house rules. Accept it. Be mature. Be a grown up adult. Adjust living at home to the best of your ability. It's really not that bad as long as your have reasonable parents. My parents are quiet and laid back. I can do almost anything as long as I "don't rock the boat". For example, I concentrate on job searching, take online classes, and review my job knowledge. Another example is find time to have fun and socialize. They're important. Life can be depressing living with fewer choices and less control. Life doesn't have to be gloom and doom. Live with a positive and fun attitude.

The economy is tough. I'm going to find a full time job that pays well and I move out to live my life. I'm still the same Raymond Mar living at home or living by myself. I'm not a weaker person. Everything is going to be okay.

No comments: