Tuesday, June 04, 2013

A Sign A Person Doesn't Panic

One good sign a person remains calm in an emergency or critical situation is he or she doesn't panic during an illness. I panicked and worried when I got sick before March 2011. I immediately took drugs the first sign of sickness including a sore throat or coughing. I took sore throat lozenges, Sudafed or Tylenol, and vitamin C. I drank Coke, green tea, orange juice, and, of course, water. I even tried garlic tablets once. I took prescription drugs after visiting the doctor. I popped pills when I was sick.

March 2011 was the longest time I was sick since my freshmen year in high school. I visited two doctors. I continued to remain sick. There was little recovery. I realized during my college spring break my body must take care of itself. I must trust my body to recover. I stopped all medications. I stopped drinking green tea and orange juice. The recovery started the next day.

Today, I remain calm when I become sick including common colds, allergies, Respiratory Syncytial Viruses (RSV), and sinus infections. I get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. I cook good home meals. I avoid eating at restaurants. I eat yogurt from the frozen yogurt stores and Jell-o. I avoid the supermarket yogurts to the best of my ability. I still take sore throat lozenges and drink Coke. Coke does really well for my family's bodies. Finally, I vacuum and clean my house. I breathe clean air without dust, pollen, and allergens which speeds up my recovery. The bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned, too. Visiting the doctor is an absolute last resort.

Thereby, I'm a calm person in any situation. I don't panic.

No comments: