Monday, January 06, 2014

Feeling Anti-Social

The first time I heard the words "anti-social" was in Summer 2011. What is anti-social? Why do anti-social people want to avoid human contact? I fail to understand. I must live with human contact and their presence. I must live with communication and conversations with people. We're humans. Human interaction is important to live a good life.

My understanding of anti-social is a person wants to be alone--really alone such that he or she is happy being the last person on the face of the world. The person wants to be lonely. The person desires no human communication. The person feels satisfied being alone. The person refuses all social activities involving people. The person is comfortable and content being quiet if he or she is in a social setting.

I began feeling anti-social when I started planning for New Year's Eve on Dec 26. I stayed home watching television after work on Dec 31. I continue to feel anti-social. I'm confident these anti-social feelings disappear. I hope my normal self returns with the desire to be with people soon. I don't approach people; however, if people approach me, I respond friendly.

Anti-social Is Taking A Break From People

I wonder if anti-social is normal. I never thought I take a break from human interaction. I feel good being alone. I take a time out from the presence of people. The statements have merit. I think I have a better understanding why some married couples take a time out from their marriage such as a marriage vacation where the couple mutually separates to be alone.

Being anti-social gave me immediate positive outcomes. I accomplished my personal errands and responsibilities beyond what I normally fulfill when I didn't feel anti-social. I began the process of getting back into shape; unfortunately, the process is slow because I experienced the stomach and I have been experiencing the Respiratory Syncytial Viruses (RSV) due to unhealthy air and other people being sick. Another benefit being anti-social was avoiding sick people. And I felt less stress and more relaxed since I'm taking a break from obligations with other people.

I even felt anti-social in social networking. I didn't post a Tweet from Dec 28, 2013 to Jan 4, 2014. I did read my friends' Tweets. I checked Facebook yesterday for the first time since the middle of December. I posted my first 2014 Tweet and Facebook status update yesterday. I'm starting to end my anti-social attitude.

My first experience being anti-social convinced me anti-social can be good. I'm sure I experienced anti-social a long time ago. I have been with people, meeting new people, and making new friends for a long time. I forgot the last time I wanted to avoid all human contact. I was afraid to lose people I avoided the anti-social feelings.

I wrote a blog being alone is okay that made my personal top 30 blogs when I wrote my 300th blog. Being alone is a break from human interaction. Being alone is not okay if a person lives a lonely life 24/7. People must not live a life as if being in solitary confinement at a prison. Don't be a loner. I used to be a loner. It sucked.

I prefer the term "being alone" instead of "being anti-social" the next time I want to avoid all social interactions.

No comments: