Sunday, January 19, 2014

Accutane Day 1,809


I used about 33% of Tretinoin since around Feb and Mar 2013. I applied the facial cream once a week. The blackheads and whiteheads continue on my nose and cheeks. No acne flare ups. There was one acne every two or three months. I continue the routine applying Tretinoin once a week.

Tretinoin is powerful. My dermatologist said the facial cream was like peeling my skin. My tube's expiration date is Aug 2014. He said I can continue using beyond the expiration date because expiration dates are approximations from the FDA. The cream strength is 95% after the expiration date. He gave me a prescription if I want a refill in Aug. Prescriptions are valid for one year.

I asked my dermatologist two questions. The first question was freckles. He told me freckles are temporary sun spots. They disappear eventually. I asked him the freckles question because I thought I received more freckles on my entire body from head to toe. I showed him my left arm and left leg the black spots I thought were freckles. I was wrong. The black spots are moles. I asked him how moles appear. He explained confusedly with medical jargon. I followed up the mole question with the same black spots I see in older people. He called those moles "age marks."

My second question was my acne scars on my cheeks. It seemed the scars are healing; in other words, my cheeks are clearing up to be smooth. My dermatologist was surprised. He said as we age, our faces experience something negative. I didn't quite understand to explain in detail. The bottom line was my dermatologist didn't give me a clear answer. He said it was great if I'm correct my acne scars are healing. They were not supposed to heal.

I posted a pic above. I should find time to compare past Accutane blogs I posted my face.

No comments: