Friday, January 31, 2014

Clean The House With Deconstruction And Reconstruction

Everyone changes for better or for worse. I hope more people change for the better. The successful people and the happy people live an open life looking for changes. Some changes are small and some changes are big. Any change involves cleaning the house, out with the old and in with the new, trash the bad and welcome the good. Rebuild and start over. Deconstruct and reconstruct.

For instance, a professional sports team finishes last place in their division. Ownership wants change. The team releases the bad performing players and signs new players. The team fires the coaching staff and hires a new coaching staff. The team drafts young players from college. Ownership creates a short-term plan and a long-term plan. It takes times and patience to develop a winning team.

I remember the day I realized I must grow up on Sat Oct 4, 2008. The deconstruction and reconstruction were immediate. I donated old clothes and purchased new clothes, and those included gym clothes. I needed a new desktop computer. I built a new computer with help from friends and my dad. I rearranged my room for more open space which included throwing away junk. I purchased a new mattress after sleeping on my old mattress for decades.

Furthermore, I opened myself to new hobbies and interests; for example, ballroom dancing, hiking, and reading fiction books. I stopped reading non-fiction books for the most part. I stopped staying home too many days and go out and find new adventures and new experiences. I started meeting new people and making new friends. And I went back to school to earn an AA degree in Accounting.

The foundation is set today. I'm working full time to get back into the work force. I'm establishing a physical routine working out at the gym three to four days a week. I'm finding some more time to keep in touch with my friends with social networking. I'm in a good position since March 2007 when I started working at Cisco; moreover, I learned from my many mistakes I made from the rest of 2007 to most of 2008. The foundation continues to get stronger. I look for new people to meet. I look for new hobbies and interests to pursue. I'm looking forward to read more books. I push myself to fulfill my remaining short-term goals which are finding a permanent job and living on my own.

Time will tell what I'm doing now makes the difference for my future. I must have trust and faith what I do today results in a bright, successful, and happy tomorrow. To quote Steve Jobs, "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever." What I do today hopefully affects me years later in a positive way.

Something must be destroyed to be replaced with something new, fresh, inspiring, and motivating. Help and support are required to live a better life. Find the courage and strength to change. Never live the same dull, boring, and routine life. Stop complaining and expressing frustration to other people. Be responsible. Live life innovating infinitely.

No comments: