Monday, January 27, 2014

Top Ten Self Discoveries

I believe few people have the ability to seek their own self discoveries and do something about them. They take their self discoveries and become better people. They improve their lives. They make changes to be a stronger and smarter person. It's like you don't see a person for a long time. The person is different and better two years later. You share your complements when you converse.

I'm lucky I self discover my life; in particular, my mistakes and my weaknesses. I create action to correct my mistakes and convert my weaknesses into strengths. For example, my laughing was too loud. Anyone could hear my laugh in a neighborhood. It appeared I laughed too loud because I wanted lots of attention. Another reason is I'm partially tone deaf. The problem is fixed. My laugh loudness is at a conversational level depending on how loud the environment.

Here are my top ten self discoveries:

10. Improve my handwriting. I checked out a handwriting improvement book at the library in the summer of my junior year at San Jose State. My writing is readable today compared to when I was in high school. I also improved my personal signature such that it promotes my high intelligence and good guy nature.

9. Change majors. Mathematics was too difficult. I changed majors to Economics. The idea to change majors was all me. There was no outside help or assistance to make my college life easier.

8. Learn how to cook. I learned enough cooking skills to cook on my own. Good enough for the short-term. I must learn more cooking skills in the long-term.

7. Physical fitness. I realized physical fitness is important to live a healthy life since my freshmen year in high school. Going to the gym is a top leisure activity for decades.

6. Let me think. Be discrete. The two sentences are number eight in my daily rules of life. The downside being an open person is saying too much. Sometimes saying too much is bad. There are some conversations and information better kept to oneself. I continue to practice pausing and thinking before saying.

5. Wear costumes at anime conventions. I watched 17 episodes of an animation series at a convention's midnight programming. I wanted to wear the costume of the main character. Wearing costumes at anime conventions saved me from quitting anime. It extended my anime hobby longer than I expect.

4. Live an active, get up from my bed life. I made life choices to get out and do something, anything in late 2008. Life must not be boring. I'm sad some people are doing nothing to live life full of something for everyone. My life motto is the following: get up and do something, anything. Eat new foods, visit new places, meet new people, read books, watch a movie, hike, dance, organize a gathering, listen to new music . . . do something, anything.
3. Find more friends. Friends help you live an exciting life. Living life alone has limitations. On the other hand, living life with friends the sky is the limit how much excitement living life daily. Life is more fun. Friends can help you when you need assistance and advice.

2. Growing Up Part II. The moments happened in Oct and Nov 2013. They included reorganizing my priorities, discovering my leap of faith, creating two new daily rules of life, and establishing short-term goals. Two of the four short-term goals were accomplished in late Nov. My future looks upbeat.

1. Growing Up Part I. My life changed dramatically on Sat Oct 4, 2008. The people who knew Raymond Mar before the date no longer exists. I'm grown up. I'm no longer naive. I'm stronger, smarter, wiser, and kinder. I don't take life for granted.

No comments: