Sunday, April 06, 2014

Instant Bullets Blog Apr 6, 2014

*International Tabletop Day. My brother emailed me Sat at 9am Amazon selling selected tabletop board games up to 45% off retail price to celebrate the event. I read his email at 11pm. Most of the games were no longer on sale. I purchased Ticket To Ride and Dixit at 40% off retail price. Other games that were on sale included Puerto Rico, Dominion, Munchkin, Forbidden Island, 7 Wonders, and Zombieland according to Slickdeals.

International Tabletop Day has a website. It's www.tabletopday.com.

*A Reminder Being Employed. I reminded myself on Wed Apr 2 I'm lucky I have a job in today's weak job market. I shouldn't complain about the commute, being overworked and underpaid, some terrible co-workers, and the hard-to-use cash register. I must be professional. I must not complain. I must get better to gain more experience and knowledge. Never take my job for granted.

*Dry Air. I experienced a moderate case of dermatitis on my hands since Feb 20. The dry air has prolonged my treatment. I apply Desoximetasone ointment on my hands.

*Drought. The State Of California is experiencing a drought. Everyone is asked to conserve water. My household is conserving. The people who use the water the most are manufacturing and agriculture industries. Restaurants and food industries should be included, too. Residential use is nothing compared to the industries. No car wash for me.

*Speaking of water, it seems the water taste from my local water company is getting worse. My Britia water filter stopped improving the water taste recently. It's hard for me to explain the taste. I no longer taste the Britia filter taste months ago.

*New Desktop Wallpapers. Visit interfacelift to download new wallpapers. I recommend you create an account to track your downloads. It's free to join.

*Blue. I read two facts online about the blue color. First, blue can help people recover from depression. Twitter and Facebook have blue in their logos and user interfaces. How ironic we commonly say "that person has the blues" to people feeling down. Second, people focus stronger working in a blue colored environment. Perhaps, I should purchase a blue colored light bulb.

No comments: