Thursday, June 26, 2014

Work Wed Jun 25, 2014

I lost my blue pen on Wed Jun 11. I used my black pen.

We were overstaffed on Thur Jun 12. One staffer went home early. There was an interview in the break room. I ate lunch in my car listening to the San Francisco Giants defeated the Washington Nationals. Two more wines were added to Sat's tasting. The data entry made the new additions a priority for which I couldn't complete because of other priorities.

Fri Jun 13 was dead at the second store. The co-owner arrived late to open. One consequence opening late was water delivery gave us one 5 gallon water jug. The co-owner was furious. I called Alhambra to request a second delivery to replace empty water jugs and request delivery after 11am.

I estimated less than 10 customers shopped before the tasting. One of the managers from the first store arrived in the afternoon who replaced the full time second store manager who was fired last week. Everyone wanted to go home early. It was the second time I felt going home early since my first day.

There was one delivery. The entire staff was bored for multiple time spurts. I was waiting for new products to be priced. There were too many wines that needed pricing. Very few wines were priced at the end of the day.

I called in sick on Mon Jun 16. I visited my doctor. He said food poisoning was the reason I threw up yesterday. My coughing and throat infection were not the reasons I threw up. He said I was getting better. It was a matter of days for full recovery. I worked Sat Jun 21 to cover the sick day.

People seemed to be running late. It could be World Cup. The roads were horrible going to work and going home on Tue Jun 17. The traffic on El Monte Road was the most cars I've ever seen. I was cut off multiple times. The worse cut off was on Jordan that resulted in missing the green light. There was an accident on my way home near the Fremont turnoff. It was the second time there was an accident on Highway 85 going home.

There were morning internet problems during the morning of Wed Jun 18. I overheard the bookkeeper past away. I think I saw him once on my third day at work.

A crime was committed on Thur Jun 19. An out of state Jetta's passenger side front window was smashed and a purse was stolen. A police officer arrived and viewed the security video tape.

One of my co-workers who became the primary shipper conversed with me about old shipping orders not shipped. We were shocked to see these orders in the $300 and $400 not shipped.

It was another dead day at the second store on Fri Jun 20. One of the data entry co-workers was mad at me because there was confusion for the second store's Sat tasting. Nobody in the store knew what went on. Paperwork was missing. If I read her email for information instead of reading an Excel file from the events coordinator, then she was not going to be mad. I forgot about a transfer.

My Sat Jun 21 shift was changed from the first store to the second store. I thought it was an idiot move. A co-worker thought my shift was changed because someone called in sick. The store was dead again. I talked to my co-workers who worked in the front. They said it was unusual Sat was dead. I was productive. Ownership continues failing to see the big picture having a data entry working on a Sat gets new products in the system faster.

I ate pizza for lunch. The manager told me business was dead.

One of the part-time workers quit today. She worked at both stores; in particular, working at off-site tastings.

I brought a new blue pen from my home on Mon Jun 23.

It was a busy day for me on Tue Jun 24; on the other hand, it was dead in the entire store. There was a tasting today that included meeting a wine owner. Turnout was low all the staff took turns tasting wines in the tasting room. El Monte Road had more cars that ever. I know I keep saying more cars. It seems another day El Monte Road has more cars that before the last time. I took a different route to work which saved me time arriving too late.

I ate lunch late because the other manager wanted me to add wines for a future email sale. I ordered a lunch special at a Chinese restaurant such that I phone ordered after 4pm. The lunch specials ended at 4pm. I was lucky. The restaurant obliged.

The owner accidentally spilled a bottle of wine.

I drove on city streets and the expressway to work because there was an accident on the freeway on Wed Jun 25. The entire day was adding new wines that included nine wines from Rhone imported from France. the San Francisco Giants' Tim Lincecum pitched his second no-hitter. A co-worker and I watched the ninth inning live on the Giants' website. MLB.com allowed free and exclusive viewing to anyone on the Giants' website. I went home after closing time.

I wasted my personal time in the evening. My latest paycheck missed two days of pay. I compared the hours on the pay stub with the time clock to confirm the missing two days. I email the co-owner.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: