Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Work Tue Dec 30, 2014

Thur Dec 18: I was reminded to go with the flow. Go with the flow was a lesson I learned when I went back to school at De Anza College.

I arrived at 8:45am. App games can be addicting. I played a sniper game. I uninstalled the game before I went to bed.

I finished the Excel report adding a pie chart. I had too much free time in the morning. I created my profile in the company's intranet. I uploaded my picture. I browsed some intranet's departments.

My next report assignment was an aging report. I did an Accounts Receivable report in my Accounting 1A class at De Anza College.

Fri Dec 19: Slow week. I completed little because there was little to do. I was more stressed trying to stay busy. I realized I didn't have a welcome meet and greet with the operations department during my first week.

The good news of the day was IT created my Salesforce.com account. I'm ready for more assignments from my engineer. I'm ready to apply my Salesforce.com self learning.

Many people were talking about a party. I deducted the party was a formal black & white ball for the full time employees from people I heard throughout the day.

The following is ridiculous and purely speculative: maybe most of the workers are quiet to me is because the engineer and the risk manager have a contractor to support them. The other engineers and operations workers don't have a support person. There are two contractors in the department roster. I'm one of the two. Jealously?

Mon Dec 22: I drove ten minutes to work. Fastest commute. One red light on my left turn and one red light at the EMC building.

I fixed my engineer's interposer export file. There was an error. One of the fields failed uploading to the SAP database. My engineer assigned me to check the RMAs for missing analysis completion dates. The next assignment after checking is auditing the RMAs verifying the analysis categories match the analysis notes.

Tue Dec 23: I ate lunch with a friend who worked at Intel. The lunch extended my one hour period. I stayed longer after hours.

My only assignment with the risk manager updating vendor and components information was finalized on the Arena database. Why my changes did took over a month to update? Did I do it correctly?

My floor men's bathroom was closed for cleaning. I walked down to the fourth floor. There are more empty cubicles in the fourth floor than my fifth floor. The square footage on the fourth floor is bigger than the fifth. Most of the fourth floor was dead with no workers.

I forgot to apply NewSkin to my blister on my right hand along the side below my pinky finger before I went to work.

Wed Dec 24 and Thur Dec 25: Merry Christmas.

Fri Dec 26: The building was dead. The cafeteria was dead. It was quiet everywhere.

I arrived to work at 9am. The expressway signal lights were timed in weekend settings. I stopped at most intersections. I almost hit a squirrel.

I forgot to bring my book with me to lunch. I read my book on my floor's relaxing area.

Mon Dec 29: Another ten minute commute. All green lights. The morning was the first time I skipped breakfast at home. I was too tired to wake up at 6am. I needed additional sleep which was worth it because my mood improved as the day continued. I arrived to work at 8:15am. I ate a Pop-Tart at my cubicle. I plan to sleep early tonight.

The first hour was conversations with my engineer and another co-worker. The conversations were the longest since I started working. We talked about Christmas. My engineer told me about the TV show Heroes.

I ate lunch with a friend who worked at McAfee. One of our conversations was our own employment outlook. I shared my concern my contract is not extended after four months. She shared her concern all departments are downsizing. The lunch extended beyond one hour I stayed at work for an additional 30 minutes.

I corrected a mistake I made on checking the RMAs for the missing analysis completion dates assignment. The assignment was finished at the end of the day. I begin auditing the RMAs tomorrow.

I went to the gym for a modified workout. I have been going to the gym two to three days a week after work. There is some consistency going to the gym.

Tue Dec 30: I arrived at 8;15am driving 12 minutes. I needed more sleep after I woke up at 6am. I ate a light breakfast. The entire day was auditing RMAs. I took my time auditing while listening to calmradio.com and KNBR, and thinking about my life. I audited 350 RMAs. My brain became jelly at the 250th RMA.

I remembered to take a bag of baked BBQ potato chips from the coffee room for lunch.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: