Thursday, June 11, 2015

My Manifesto Jun 11, 2015

I was inspired to write my manifesto when I read NBA MVP Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry tweeted in Nov 2009 he "promise to all the Warrior fans...we will figure this thing out....if it's the last thing we do we will figure it out". The Warriors are playing in the 2015 NBA Finals.

I date the manifesto Jun 11, 2015 because the manifesto is updated at a later date. Some of my promises are completed. Some of my promises are cancelled for any legitimate reason. There are new promises.

Some of these promises below I know what to do. The question is how I complete these promises. Some of these promises improve my life. Some of these promises I need to figure out what to do. It's okay. The completion timeline ranges from months to years. Here are my promises:

1. Get a job. I'm looking for a job. I accept a contractor job as long as it strengthens my resume. A permanent job is better.

2. New circles of friends. I must meet new people and make new friends. I'm going to attract people. My socializing skills never stop improving. One of the best places to meet new people is events matching my hobbies.

3. New adventures and new experiences. I said it many times. I say it again. There are new adventures to seek. There are new experiences to experience. For example, sky diving, visiting a European country, wine tasting, and hiking new hiking trails.

I include learning life skills part of new adventures and new experiences. I learn basic electricity such as amps and volts. I learn how to solder. I improve my cooking skills.

4. Learn new job skills. Job skills is a separate promise. I'm reviewing my Excel, Access, and SQL. I'm learning forecasting, standard deviation, and dashboards. There are new job skills to learn for my next long-term career.

5. Live independently. It's time to move out. It's time to make my own choices, control more of my life, live a good life consistency, and be more proactive for myself. I find my own residence. I want to organize my own gatherings. Gatherings are a good opportunity to meet new people. I want to organize Mahjong (Riichi) tournaments, board game nights, TV & movie marathons, social gatherings, and Chow Mein potluck.

6. Get married. I believe the ultimate happiness is being in love. I believe I find the woman of my life. Your parents met and got married. My parents met and got married. You and I find the love of our life.

7. No hoarding. An indefinite promise. No hoarding. Hoarding is a waste of time because time buying useless goods, waste of space in my residence, and a waste of money for which I could spend on more important goods or services.

8. Stay in shape. Another indefinite promise. Physical fitness is important for a good long life; in particular, a good sex life. Think with your penis.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: