Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Past Caught Up With Me

I ignored some problems when I was younger. I denied some problems when I was younger. My parents raised me ignoring my problems and they went away. I thought they went away during my young adulthood. I'm living my middle years. Most of my problems I ignored, I denied, and my parents ignored are going against me today. The past problems I failed to solve caught up with me.

Steve Jobs lived his life ignoring problems. Ignore the problems and they go away. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. I think back to my past problems. A few of them went away. The biggest past problems are affecting me now. They are the following:

*Boring life. The short description describing my past life. The long description describing my past life: an inactive life, a limited life, taking life for granted, a conservative life, and a life inside a protective shell. I wasn't adventurous. I didn't want to experience new experiences. I gained nothing because I didn't venture out. I failed to innovate infinitely.

The boring life wasn't one of my biggest past problems. It was a poor lifestyle which caught up to me falling behind in life.

*Poor job skills. I worked in commercial real estate for 8.5 years after college. I also worked in telecommunications as a business analyst for 18 months. The skills and knowledge as a research analyst were parallel as a business analyst. I didn't learn anything new.

Fast forward to the present. My poor job skills caught up. My failure to learn new skills caught up. The job market is tough. My lack of job skills and my lack of job experience are hindering me applying for some jobs.

I'm happy living alone. I lived a content life living alone. I had a few friends throughout my 20s. I didn't make friends at San Jose State. Fortunately, I started making friends when I turned 30. Most of my friends naturally separated to follow their life desires.

I was wrong being happy living alone. I need more friends. I need more circle of friends. I'm seeking new friendships.

Living at home after college. I found my first job six months after I graduated. I didn't move out of the house. I never moved out.

I believe living with my parents is the bottom line to my biggest past problems. I live at home being sheltered. I couldn't bring friends over. I didn't seek new adventures. I didn't experience new experiences. I lived a conservative life. I took life for granted. I needed none of those new adventures, new experiences, new friends, and new job skills. I didn't have any interest broadening my life. I didn't experience and I didn't know the adult life living responsible, strong, independent, and to earn successes; moreover, learning from life experience failures and finding who I really am outside the house.

There Is Hope

I'm an example of a late bloomer. I'm not giving up to live an independent mature adult. I have goals to accomplish. The goals are finding a permanent job, move out of the house, find new friends, and learn new job skills indefinitely. I want to be stronger, smarter, kinder, and wiser. I'm not going to let life pass me by. I continue to catch up what I missed in my younger years. There are more adventures to seek. There are new experiences to experience. All present problems are dealt with. There is a sense of urgency. I want to live an active life. No sedentary life. I forgive myself ignoring my past problems.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: