Sunday, June 17, 2018

Raymond Mar One Liners

Muscle & Fitness July/August 2017 issue interviewed Arnold Schwarzenegger titled "Arnold" by Peter McGough. The interview inspired me to write one liners reflecting me. There is no particular chronological order. I write anything I thought my mind.

The first time I realized the importance of physical fitness is watching Sesame Street. There were skits promoting exercise. I become consistent working out at the gym decades later.

My first laptop was a Dell Inspirion 8600 in 2005. I saved $800 because the model became a closeout sale. My second laptop was a HP Compaq 8510p in 2007 for which I use today. I upgraded the RAM and installed a SSD. I don't play video games anymore. The 8510p is perfect for Office, browsing the web, and watching DVDs.

I was lonely in my childhood. I failed to take advantage of being lonely. I goofed off. I was weird. I'm lonely today. I'm taking advantage because I'm working hard to catch up what I missed before I realized I must grow up. For example, I'm learning new skills, working out at the gym four days a week, and visiting places I never visited before. I'm preparing myself for freedom.

I realized I must grow up on Saturday October 4, 2008. My life changed since the day. I'm an adult. I'm catching up what I missed in my 20s which should have made me stronger, smarter, kinder, and wiser, and make mistakes, and learning from my mistakes.

My first career goal was a high school math teacher. I'm happy I'm not a teacher today. There are too much politics. Gone are the old school teaching of drills, repetition, and self-discovery.

Steve Jobs is my most respected person. I read his biography by Walter Isaacson twice. Jobs knew what the f**k he was doing. I can't think of anyone today matching Jobs' genius.

Goodbye to anime, video games, baseball cards, and past friends. Thank you all for the memories! Never say never. In particular, an event can lead me back to my past friends.

I never say goodbye to books, board games, cooking, hiking, and working out at the gym. I miss ballroom dancing, daily commutes, meeting new people, and creating new circle of friends. Never say never. Anything can happen which changes my life.

My daily rules of living: 1) Don't criticize, condemn, and complain. 2) Don't act like a jerk or bitch. 3) Always speak calmly and be calm. 4) Don't daydream when driving. 5) Keep your head up high . . . look at their cute face when talking. 6) Breath with your nose and stand up straight. 7) *removed 06/17/17* 8) Let me think. Be discrete. 9) Welcome the roller coaster life. 10) Back in time and front and present. Number 7 was "Have faith. Believe in yourself" for those curious.

If you discover something new every day, then you're living life. Big or small any discovery is a discovery. Hope one discovery leads to a big life change. Realizing discoveries is a sign of self-awareness. Self-awareness helps you meet new people. Self-awareness helps you answer a common interview question, "Tell me something you discovered recently."

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: