Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Allergies And Coughs April 2018

I got sick a second time in 2018. Frustrating. The first time I got sick was Jan 2018 Allergies And Coughs January 2018. I blog how I treated myself and the likely causes because I want to reference my treatment the next time I get sick. I didn't panic. There was trial and error. I took Mucinex DM and Zyrtec. Coke, chocolate, and naps were important. Today's blog is minimally edited.

Fri Apr 27, 2018. Sore throat in the middle of the morning. Cooler morning. I dressed up wearing long pants pajamas and a sweat shirt. Weather in the 80s earlier in the week. Mental fatigue began on Wed Apr 25. My sister suggested NyQuil for sore throats because allergies can cause sore throats. I drank Coke lunch and dinner. I took a nap 5:30pm-8:30pm. No gym.

Sat Apr 28. Back to cooler below normal spring weather. I needed two blankets when I sleep. I wore a sweatshirt and long pajamas pants the entire day. Temperatures in the 60s daytime and 50s nighttime which was fortunate because my body is weak adjusting to big temperature range between daytime and nighttime such as 80s daytime and 50s nighttime. My throat felt worse falling asleep. I ate two bread and cashews. I fell asleep in approximately 15 minutes.

Sun Apr 29. I felt phlegm down my throat. It meant less sore throat pain. On the other hand, my past sicknesses a sore throat and phlegm down my throat were precursors to getting full sickness. I took a nap 4:00pm-7:00pm.

Mon Apr 30. I woke up with a stuffy nose. Phlegm down my throat intensified. I stayed warm wearing my indoor jacket. My room was stuffy. I opened the window. The cool breeze caused runny nose. I felt cold. I closed the windows leaving a small opening. I took a nap 5:00pm-8:00pm.

I desired to workout at the gym. My target date was Wed May 2. I feared coughing begins on Fri May 4. If true, then I experienced two sicknesses and Angular Cheilitis which started on Sun Apr 22 in four months. Bad health year-to-date. I couldn't sleep because my nose was stuffy. I placed a Breathe Right strip on top of my nose. I took a Zyrtec at 2am. I sat on my desk for 45 minutes for the Zyrtec to take effect. Zyrtec worked.

Tue May 1. High temperature 72. Low temperature 50. I drank more water because my nose felt dry. I adjusted my clothes depending how hot and cold I felt. I craved salty foods before lunch. I took a nap 4:30pm-7:45pm. I was sensitive to cool breezes. Few phlegm down my throat; however, phlegm intensified at night. Ears plugged up. I wore shorts instead of long pajamas pants after I showered. I breathe better when I went to sleep at 2am. No Breathe Right strip. No Zyrtec.

Wed May 2. Phlegm down my throat intensified. Ears plugged up. I fear coughing coming soon again. The first major cough happened after breakfast. I took a nap 3:45pm-6:30pm. White color phlegm removed after I adjusted my throat. It was not a cough. My right ear popped out in the early evening. I biked for 20 minutes and I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill at the gym.

My fear was realized. I started coughing. I took a Mucinex DM at 4am. My past sicknesses coughing was the last part. I sat on my desk waiting for Mucinex to take effect. It worked. I wore long sleeve pajamas shirt and long pajamas pants in bed. Stuffy nose better compared to Mon Apr 30. I ate chocolate, cashews, and bread.

I should have taken Mucinex DM when I coughed during my Jan 2018 sicknesses instead of Zyrtec. Zyrtec didn't work. One clue was chocolate calmed my coughs.

Thur May 3. I slept 5:00am-8:00am and 8:30am-10:00am. Random cough here and there. Body continued to struggle adjusting to the warm days and cold nights. I felt cold one minute. I felt hot the next minute. No gym today. I took a Mucinex DM at 4:00pm. Today's lunch was the last time I drank Coke.

I arrived home after running errands. I fully opened the windows in my room. I wore a black colored t-shirt and shorts. Cool breeze. Coughing was light. I felt phlegm down my throat. I coughed out white color phlegm. I switched to a long sleeve pajamas shirt. I felt hot. Coughing stopped.

I read my past sickness blogs. The commonality was sore throat, runny nose and/or stuffy nose, phlegm down my throat, and ending with coughing. My causes were inconsistent: sinus infection, throat infection, allergies, and a respiratory virus. My treatments were inconsistent: Zyrtec, Mucinex DM, antibiotics, or nothing. My home remedies included Coke, chocolate, salty foods, and chocolate milk.

Fri May 4. High temperature 78. Low temperature 52. I slept from 2:00am-8:00am last night. I felt too hot last night. I wore a t-shirt. I took Mucinex DM at 8am. I ate chocolate. I wanted two more hours of sleep. I slept 8:45am-10:00am wearing a sweatshirt and long pajamas pants. Phlegm color white. I wore my indoor black jacket in the morning. I had diarrhea after breakfast. I took a Mucinex DM at 8:45pm.

How Did I Get Sick

Parents Were Sick. Mom had a sore throat and dad had coughing earlier in the week. My luck ran out they passed their sicknesses to me. Probability: 75%.

Thur Apr 26 Nighttime. Night time weather became cooler quickly. I wore a t-shirt and shorts. I noticed the cooler temperatures hours later. I changed to a long sleeve pajamas shirt and a long pajamas pants. Probability: 50%.

Hairdresser Sick Thur Apr 26. Was my hairdresser who gave me my haircut sick? Probability: 30%.

Angular Cheilitis. I went to an Urgent Care to get an antibacterial cream prescription. Nobody was coughing at the Urgent Care center. I don't believe a person can get sick from Angular Cheilitis. I'm not a doctor. Probability: 15%.

Workout On Treadmill Next To Open Door Outside Breeze Tue Apr 24 and Wed Apr 25. I have no problems outdoor breezes and outdoor air drafts. I have problems with indoor air drafts from air conditioning units. Probability: 10%.

Update On A Past Blog

Congratulations on the Golden State Warriors winning the 2018 NBA Finals defeating the Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron James is still the best basketball player on the planet. However, James can't win a championship alone. He must have at least one strong all-star. He must have support. He must have a strong bench. James didn't have all three. I wrote a blog Top Ten Life Lessons I Learned Watching Sports on Nov 2016. The number one lesson is support. Nobody succeeds alone. James can't succeed alone. James doesn't succeed alone.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: