Saturday, December 21, 2019

Why Are Most Straight A Students 4.0+ Students Not Millionaires?

I think back to all the smart students I knew in high school and college. I think back to my smart family and smart relatives who went to school during my years. I include the 3.8+ GPA and above in the question.

My answer to the question is end of motivation. Another answer is end of discipline. Another answer is they achieve success with a white-collar job and middle-class living. No higher success is necessary. There is no more learning. There is no more studying. They're ready to settle. Moreover, they were taught book knowledge. They were taught facts. They were taught proven theories. Learning by reading books, attending classes, and studying were easier than teaching motivation outside the classroom, teaching life lessons, learning human relations, how to be a professional, and learning by failure.

There are millionaire professionals in medicine, engineering, technology, art, law, real estate, account executive, and business--on paper. I refer to millionaires owning businesses, creating new inventions, and heavy investing such as investment bankers and venture capitalists. I also refer to millionaires as developers, corporations, and partnerships. My intuition tells me most of these millionaires are not straight A students. These millionaires are 3.0- GPA. The lessons these millionaires teach us are desire is more important than knowledge or I will is more important than I know, financial discipline is a key, never stop learning, and never settle. Further, get out of the classroom, learn outside the classroom, learn good communication skills, learn good social skills, be a professional, and never stop making mistakes--learn from your mistakes.

I personally know no millionaires owning businesses, creating new inventions, and heavy investing such as investment bankers and venture capitalists. All the people I know who earned straight A's and 3.8+ GPA are not millionaires.

No comments: