Sunday, December 15, 2019

A Second Look At 2018

It's the time I look back at my 2018 blogs to give myself feedback. The goals delaying one year are relearning from my mistakes, reinforcing my lessons, reminding myself my moments, refreshing acquired knowledge, rediscovering new wisdom, correcting errant blogs, and sharing changes. These blogs are also the 2018 best blogs. There are 12 blogs for A Second Look At 2018.

Blog Title: 1. Life Is Unfair There Is Bad Luck
Date: Sun Jan 7
Summary: Everyone experiences bad luck is fair. Some people experience more bad luck than good.
Feedback: Stop caring about bad luck. Stop counting the bad luck moments. Stop counting the bad timing moments. The big lesson I learned is stop counting on Sep 2019. Stop counting the losses. Stop tracking the setbacks. Stop worrying about the bad lucks. Who cares. I believe I stop caring about the losses, setbacks, and bad lucks, and start caring about working hard intelligently, life and the universe give me rewards.

Finally, I must use my weak short-term memory as a strength. I forget the too many bad luck moments.

Blog Title: 2. Top Ten Movies I Can Watch 100 Times
Date: Sat Apr 21
Summary: I listed my top ten movies I can watch infinitely.
Feedback: The list is updated. The new number one movie is The Shawshank Redemption I watched in Sep 2019. The updated top ten in brief from one to ten: The Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, A Few Good Men, Star Wars IV, Stand By Me, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, Aliens, Wall Street, Up, and For Your Eyes Only. Grease moves to honorable mentions with Gravity, The Dark Knight, and Toy Story. Also, The Shawshank Redemption is my number one all-time favorite movie.

I also update Top Ten Movies I Watched Late on Mar 1, 2014. The updated top ten in brief from one to ten: The Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, Colors, Welcome To The Dollhouse, Wall Street, The Graduate, Falling Down, It's A Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, and The Godfather trilogy.

Blog Title: 3. Throwback Blog: To What Bad Degree Are These Tiny, Minor, Small Stuff
Date: Mon Apr 30
Summary: I shared advice when experiencing negative little stuff including let it go, have grit, laugh it off, and learn from the mistakes.
Feedback: I repeat the feedback from 1. Life Is Unfair There Is Bad Luck. Stop caring about bad luck. Stop counting the bad luck moments. Stop counting the bad timing moments. The big lesson I learned is stop counting on Sep 2019. Stop counting the losses. Stop tracking the setbacks. Stop worrying about the bad lucks. Who cares. I believe I stop caring about the losses, setbacks, and bad lucks, and start caring about working hard intelligently, life and the universe give me rewards.

Blog Title: 4. Reached The Top Innovating Infinitely
Date: Sun Jun 24
Summary: We never end innovate infinitely. The next innovations or the future innovations require more time, more costs, more work, and more training.
Feedback: Two thoughts. My first thought is the misleading title. We don't re-invent the wheel. How much more wheel innovation is possible? My second thought is today's easier life reinforces my blog. Life is easier because today's goods and services requires more hours, higher costs, additional responsibilities, harder work, more resources, complex training, and advance knowledge. Regardless, there are still 24 hours to a day. People are overwhelmed because we are working harder to live easier. Ironic.

Blog Title: 5. Throwback Blog: FYI, Parents You Are Teachers, Too
Date: Sat Jun 30
Summary: There is no excuse parents don't teach their children.
Feedback: The feedback continues 4. Reached The Top Innovating Infinitely. More parents are spending less time raising their children today. One reason is work. Today's workplace more occupations require more than 40 hours a week. We live in the information age. More time, more skills, more training, and more responsibilities are required to complete our jobs.

A second reason is freedom. More parents don't want to give up their freedoms before they became parents such as playing video games, watching television, and browsing their social media. In addition, these parents are eating more processed foods.

Blog Title: 6. Trust Time And Trust Life
Date: Tue Jul 10
Summary: I wrote a summary of life philosophy: life connections, time gives the answers, take life one day at a time, good moments, bad moments, life is unfair, timing, and trust.
Feedback: Everything happens for a reason. Is there a reason why there are too many people living in the world today? There are too many people. There are too few opportunities to satisfy many people. Some people living a life with few opportunities is unfair. Life is unfair.

I also mentioned the definitions of winners are losers are subjective. Success is relative. Failure is absolute.

Blog Title: 7. More Losses Less Wins And More Setbacks Less Accomplishments
Date: Thur Aug 16
Summary: Add up the bad little things results in bad big things.
Feedback: There are six blogs in A Second Look At 2018 semi-finals list which talked about the same points: bad luck, bad timing, setbacks, making a big deal on the small stuff, bad moments, my bad happening is somebody else's good happening, less wins, more losses, too many rejections, and being a loser. The 2018 bullshit blogs are more bad days and less good days. There are more than six 2018 bullshit blogs because I excluded the bullshit blogs not on the semi-finals list.

Blog Title: 8. Death And Taxes
Date: Fri Aug 17
Summary: Death, taxes, all people experience trouble, all people experience frustrations, and all people experience problems are guaranteed.
Feedback: Another life guarantee is all relationships change for better or for worse. Relationships changing implies all people change.

Blog Title: 9. Throwback Blog: Be True To Yourself
Date: Thur Aug 30
Summary: The last blog I ranted as an immature adult.
Feedback: The blog is another reminder I was young, stupid, and took life for granted. I was in my 30s acting like a teenager with a wisdom of a child. I'm lucky I'm catching up what I missed. I'm lucky I'm correcting my mistakes.

Blog Title: 10. The Lesson To Be Successful Rarely Taught
Date: Wed Sep 12
Summary: Timing, luck, chance, and opportunity are keys to success.
Feedback: You can be the best person at something. If you don't have timing, luck, chance, and opportunity, then you're going nowhere in life. If someone asked me the secret of success, then my answer is timing, luck, chance, and opportunity. I can add destiny, fate, life, and karma to the answer.

Blog Title: 11. You're Smarter Than You Think
Date: Wed Nov 7
Summary: I emphasize a common life motivator you may be smarter than you think. Another motivator is desire is more important than knowledge.
Feedback: I re-emphasize desire is more important than knowledge. I will is more important that I know.

Blog Title: 12. Too Much Stimuli Or Too Much Screen Time
Date: Wed Nov 21
Summary: We spend too much time looking at everything with a screen.
Feedback: I change my answer. We are both stimulated too much and spend too much screen time. It's easy to get distracted. It's easy to lose attention. It's easy to change focus or easy to lose focus depending on perspective. It takes additional strength, determination, and focus to ignore distractions.

We need to get back to sleep eight hours. We need to get back to leaving the house. Ironically, it takes additional strength, determination, and focus to sleep eight hours and leave the house in today's information age living.

Does the future accept the excessive online internet stimuli and screen time? Time is the ultimate judge.

The following blogs are shortlisted: I Need More Stories, Life Is Xs and Os, The Piano, and Use It Or Lose It.

No comments: