Monday, April 30, 2018

Throwback Blog: To What Bad Degree Are These Tiny, Minor, Small Stuff

Blogger’s Note: Throwback blogs are blogs from my past. I start posting past blogs reflecting what I wrote. It's like my "A Second Look" blogs for which I give myself feedback.

Today's throwback blog is titled To What Bad Degree Are These Tiny, Minor, Small Stuff in May 2013. I have been experiencing many tiny problems, minor inconveniences, bad luck, and bad timing. Most of these negative moments were small going back to 2016 to be honest. Some of these negative moments I mentioned in May 2013 happen today including signal lights turning red when I arrive at an intersection, items dropping from a table, unwanted phone calls, and paying with the wrong credit card. These negative moments adds up to become a big deal. I become frustrated. I ask myself when is good luck coming to me.

My advice in May 2013 is the same today. Grind it out. Ride it out. Let it go. Let it be. Stay strong. I realize they suck. It's life. Also, laugh it off. Chuckle. Have grit. Get better. Learn from the mistakes.

Finally, I share my alternated titles. They are the following: These Few Seconds Moments Bugging Me, Commenting On My Life's Few Seconds Moments, Commenting (or Sharing) My Life's Many Little Moments, My Feelings On My Life's Moments During My Few Seconds, These Tiny Moments Here And There Good And Bad.


I'm going to talk about my tiny problems, the minor inconveniences, the small bad moments for the past three weeks. These are the first time they're affecting my life since Fall 2004. My goal is find the proactive solution. How do I deal with these?

Most of these stop bugging me moments, these "are you kidding me" moments, these bad timing moments were beyond my control. They just happened. The most common moments were yellow lights at signaled intersections. I drove to an intersection. The green light turned yellow. I slowed down and stopped. These yellow lights happened two or more times per drive locally and from city to city.

Likewise in Fall 2004. I remembered the countless yellow lights driving to work and driving home. I thought the yellow lights were a message. I realized the message was slow down. I lived a fast paced life. Slow down and be patient. I slowed down and 2005 was a good year. I don't think the slow down message applies to my recent bad timing moments.

Another common moment was related to signal interactions. More pedestrians were crossing at interactions I'm waiting. I drove short distances doing errands in my neighborhood on Thur May 9. I waited for pedestrians crossing the intersections three times. If it wasn't for the pedestrians, I wait a shorter time for my green light. I drove to the gym six minutes away from my house on Tue May 7. I waited for pedestrians crossing the intersections two times.

Another group of aggravating me moments, these sigh moments, these "oh my God" moments were dropping things on the floor, knocking things off a table, and being a klutz like moments. I had these moments in the past. These were the longest time span I experience drops, falls, and slips to date.

There were many more. They included the following:

*I dropped off used motor oil at an O'Reilly auto parts store. The store turned me away because their oil tank was contaminated. The worker told me to drop off the oil at another O'Reilly.

*My car needed a car wash. My favorite Chevron car wash station had a four car wait. I went to another Chevron car wash which did a less than good clean. I couldn't wait another day because my car was dirty and I didn't have free time thereafter.

*There was the gym workout Tue night where a few people hogged the machines. I could have worked in. I wanted to go home instead.

*My alarm clock failed to wake me up. It appeared I didn't turn the alarm on.

*Unwanted phone calls. There were too many, and when they rang, I checked the caller ID because my parents were out of the house.

*Unwanted door bell rings. There were too many, and when they rang, I asked my parents if they're expecting someone to visit because most of the time they don't tell me.

*Fuel injection cleaner. I paid a higher priced gas for the second time in the last three pouring fuel injection cleaners in my fuel tank. It's advisable to pour fuel injection cleaner in a near empty gas tank before filling up the gas.

*I used the wrong credit card to pay for some items because the correct credit card I receive a bonus cash back.

*I made an Amazon purchase. It took me too much time to find an item between $4-5 for free shipping. I ended up buying a DVD. I wasted too much time.

*I watched a movie in a movie theater. There was a mentally challenged person in my movie shouting out random words. It bothered me a few times initially. I ignored him thereafter.

*I backed up my car in a parking lot. I waited for neighboring cars to back up before me three times at three different parking lots this week.

Add these little things up and it becomes a big deal.

My solutions are to grind it out. Ride it out. Let it go. Let it be. Stay strong. I realize they suck. It's life. You must learn how to deal with these with a mature attitude and, sometimes, professionally. Stay cool. Focus and remember to be a good guy. I said enough solutions. I believe I understand. I feel a little better letting it all out.

I know these bad moments I experienced many in a short time period is short-term. My life should turn around with good fortunes soon. I hope the short-term ends quickly. I want it today.

Finally, I apologize to the O'Reilly employees for my angry reaction.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: