Saturday, September 05, 2020

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog August 2020

California issued shelter in-place orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. The Aug month was the fastest month in 2020. The Aug month was the hottest in 2020. There were too many wildfires. Air quality was poor for many days. The pandemic daily life is unprecedented, uncharted, new, unknown, and untested.

Sun Aug 2. Watched my first NBA game Portland Trailblazers vs. Boston Celtics during the pandemic. Watched my first NHL game Philadelphia Flyers vs. Boston Bruins during the pandemic. Partially cleaned the exterior and the bottom of the refrigerator.

Mon Aug 3. Weather forecasted high temperature 83 degrees. Actual high temperature 88 degrees. Throat irritation. Craved for Coke. Fatigued symptoms. I didn't fully recover from the stomach ache last week.

Tue Aug 4. Ate Tony & Alba's All Meat Pizza. Weather forecasted high temperature 76 degrees. Actual high temperature 81 degrees.

Wed Aug 5. Weather forecasted high temperature 71 degrees. Actual high temperature 73 degrees. I'm sensitive to big temperature changes in a 24 hour period.

Thur Aug 6. Mopped all floors.

Mon Aug 10. Flat tire on dad's truck driver side rear. I assisted. There were too many people walking at 7:30pm. I jogged at 8:14pm. There were fewer people.

Tue Aug 11. Costco sold soft-serve ice cream in the food court. Costco began selling Halloween candy packs and children's costumes. I saw the most people between 9:30am-10:00am. It must be back to school. Inventory shelves stocked. I realized Costco doesn't sell men's and women's shaving cream or gel.

A car backed out from its parking space while I drove to the exit. The slowly backing car didn't yield. The car blocked the path causing both directions to stop. I noticed the backing car's rear windshield had Uber and Lyft stickers. The car tried to get into an accident to get insurance money?

The street near the fire station was repaved. Gas prices increased.

The PAC-12 college conference delayed all fall sports programs.

Wed Aug 12. Trash collected one day late. I forgot to mention the regular postwoman no longer delivers mail weeks ago. I jogged at 8:15pm. There were too many people outside.

Fri Aug 14. I woke up at 8am. Washed bathroom rugs. I purchased Coke at Safeway three for $5.00. Weather temperature forecasts incorrect all week. The days went from warm to hot. The high temperature was 103 degrees. I worked out in the afternoon while the air conditioner was on instead of the evening with the windows opened. I went to bed at 2am. The windows were fully opened all night while sleeping.

Sun Aug 16. Rain, thunder, and lightning. Three big wildfires started from the lightning.

Mon Aug 17. California rolling blackouts. The record heat wave continued.

Tue Aug 18. I arrived at Costco at 10:13am. I was running late doing errands. There were fewer customers compared to last week. Five wildfires burning in the Bay Area and Santa Cruz County. I closed the windows before I went to bed because of the smoky air. I turned on a desk fan while I slept.

Wed Aug 19. 20 wildfires in five counties. Total acres burned 85,000. Governor Gavin Newson declared State Of Emergency. I started to watch some old episodes of Roseanne on COZY-TV.

Sat Aug 22. Air less smoky during the late afternoon to evening. Spare The Air alerts continued.

Sun Aug 23. I'm out of new books. I began rereading Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.

Mon Aug 24. Humid, hazy, and unhealthy air forecasted for the next seven days. Today's weather thunder and dry lightning which didn't happen in the Santa Clara County.

Tue Aug 25. I slept with the desk fan turned off. The air was cleaner because of the fog. I opened the window at 25%. The REI Labor Day sale ad arrived. The sales were the best in years with deeper discounts and more useful items IMO.

Wed Aug 26. Most professional sports scheduled were postponed to protest police brutality and the Jacob Blake shooting.

Thur Aug 27. Morning errands. The City Of Cupertino was dead. Few cars. No commute traffic on the freeway. Costco hours changed. Costco opens weekdays between 9am-10am for seniors and the disabled. Costco opens weekdays at 10am for all customers. My nearby Safeway there is a new line for self-checkout for which the Safeway worker must call the next person in line because it's hard for customers to see the right side of the self-checkout.

Fri Aug 28. Used the air compressor to drain the air conditioner drainage pipe. Debris was removed. Dad fixed the thermostat problem which was not powered.

Governor Newson announced a color coded four-tier business reopening plan. The colors are purple or widespread, red or substantial, orange or moderate, and yellow or minimal. There is no green color. 38 of the 58 counties in California are purple, nine are red, eight are orange, and three are yellow.

Sun Aug 30. Two of the three wildfires caused by lightning currently the second and third largest in California history. The LNU Lightning Complex in Sonoma County 368,888 acres burned. The SCU Lightning Complex in Stanislaus County 368,671 acres burned. The largest wildfire in California history is the Mendocino Complex in July 2018 459,123 acres burned.

Mon Aug 31. I shopped at Target to purchase shaving gel. I shopped at Smart & Final to purchase tri-tip. Three businesses closed which were Men's Wearhouse near Target, and Omaha Steaks and Edible Arrangements near Smart & Final. Traffic minimal on streets. One reason was back to school. There was no smoky smell; however, the smoke could be seen up at the hazy sky.

Seven telemarketing or robocalls in the morning.

Six million Americans infected with COVID-19.

Temperatures forecasted lower 80s for the week.

No comments: