Thursday, September 17, 2020

Times Are Changing

I dreamed last night I went back in time to an old hobby. I attended a smaller Anime Expo anime convention in the Bay Area. I organized a MahJong gathering. There were seven people at the gathering. I needed one more person. I searched for an eighth person. One place I searched was the video game room. The video game room was located in a tiny room like a crawl space. The eighth person was a father son dual arrived at the gathering. The dream ended with the song The Times They Are a-Changin' by Bob Dylan.

Dylan wrote the song to jump start change in the 1960s. The song influences society to welcome change. There was no connection between the dream and the song. I recognize the dream caused the song to play in my head. I finally understand the song for myself personally speaking.

2020 is a year of significant changes. I can't recall a past year of global significant changes. It's like Beelzebub is collecting the bill for almost a decade of prosperity after the 2008 real estate bubble burst and the 2009-2010 global recession. Governments declare shelter in-place for the COVID-19 pandemic. Black lives matter. The people demand social justice. The people demand end police brutality. Modified professional sports seasons. Schools and colleges teach their students online. Climate change or global warming. The economy is in another global recession; on the other hand, the stock markets show no signs of a global recession. All businesses cutting back on spending and laying off employees. A few businesses are closed permanently; for example, restaurant buffets. Travel, leisure, professional or recreational conferences, and vacations cancelled. The USA election day on Nov 3, 2020 may be the biggest significant change of the year or for the next four years. The USA votes for the next President Of The United States. COVID-19 competes for the 2020 significant change.

The times are changing.

No comments: