Sunday, June 06, 2021

Some People Need A Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I watched the Ferris Bueller's Day Off movie yesterday for the first time. The movie takes off at the Twist & Shout parade scene. People who thought living in the 1980s was fast may want to rethink 1980s speed to 2020s speed in comparison.

The movie made me think how I take my next day off. The last day off were multiple days off during the beginning of Jan 2021. However, I spent days continuing my indefinite self-job training. For instance, I spent Jan 13, 2021 reevaluating what job skills I need to learn, choosing books I should read, choosing books I avoid, and rescheduling when I learn new skills or reviewing existing skills. Also, I spent Jan 16, 2021 reorganizing my computer files and folders. My learning new skills and reviewing existing skills are a two-week rotation schedule. One week is six days. The second week is five days. In addition, I exercise four days a week, search for jobs, learn life skills, write blogs, cook meals, read books, watch one movie a week, and maintain the household.

The one day off on the first week and the two days off on the second week are planned leisure activities. These three days are not Ferris Bueller days off. The planned leisure activities are reading more pages, writing more blogs, sleeping more hours, watching another movie, listening to music, completing one-time responsibilities, running errands outside the house, and researching.

A Ferris Bueller days off is coming soon. I need a vacation on the fly. There is no planning. One Ferris Bueller day off is acceptable during the COVID-19 pandemic. I continue living a COVID-19 cautious lifestyle such as continuing social distancing. I model the on the fly vacation from the movie with intelligence. I blog the day off or days off when it happens.

Update On A Past Blog

I add Ferris Bueller's Day Off to the Top Ten Movies I Watched Late written on Mar 1, 2014.

Here are selected past blogs on taking a break. It's time to take a deep breath. It's time to remind. It's time to review. The blogs are the following: Today I Want To Talk About Sleep on Aug 2, 2016, Yes Slow Down on Oct 9, 2015, Time Out And Refocus on Apr 26, 2013, and Dear People, Take A Break on Mar 8, 2012.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." --Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

No comments: