Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Loser Is Pissed At People Who Screw It Up

My regular readers know I'm a George Costanza. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents. However, I ask who are the real losers? Are the real losers people like me or people who are independent screwing it up?

I define the independent people with a life. They have a job. They have friends and/or family. They live in a residence with a roof. They own a car. Health is good. Finances are stable. They own a cell phone. Intelligence is solid. There are no felonies. They have the little things such as the ability to read, sleep on a mattress, showering, access to bare necessities, cooking meals, and browsing the internet.

There are a number of people self-destructing. There are a number of families imploding. These people and these families have all of the above. They're screwing it up. They take life for granted. There is too much fun. There is too much spending. There is too much junk. People are working too little to strengthen relationships. Too many hours of television is watched. Too many hours of video games are played. Too much alcohol is consumed. Too much complaining. Too little appreciation. There are problems for which many are ignored and few are solved. Time will tell whether all of the above remains or all of the above vanishes.

I'm angry. I'm pissed. People like me trade places with these independent people any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Life flows the independent people's way. These people fail to continue going with the flow. I ask the question, "Who are the real losers?" I'm not a loser today.

No comments: