Friday, November 25, 2022

Five More Minutes To Prevent Problems

I dreamed last night I traveled to a Riichi Mahjong gathering. I drove southbound on Saratoga Ave making a left on eastbound Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose, CA during the early evening. I drove on Stevens Creek Blvd passing a Japanese Daiso-like store at the Barnes & Noble bookstore building. I entered the store to purchase ramen. I asked the cashier for chopsticks. The cashier gave me half a sandwich instead. I woke up.

I thought about the point of last night's dream awake. I made up the point of the dream I should have paused for five minutes. I should have taken an extra five minutes to go home. Why should have I gone home? The answer was I needed a better jacket. The evening forecast was cold temperatures. Another reason was get better food. Eating ramen was insufficient calories. Eating ramen was insufficient energy to focus on Mahjong. If there was no food at home, then I shopped at a market. The minimum beef jerky, bread, banana, and bottle water were better than ramen.

Take five more minutes to minimize the chances of anticipated problems for the rest of the day or evening.

Update On A Past Blog

A common concern is children interacting with technology too much. I wrote the concern on the blog Reflecting And Connecting Both Technology And My Childhood on Jan 16, 2017. Many parents are stressed. They need a break. They need quiet. They need to destress. Their children are second priority for the short time. Let the children look at the smartphone. Let the children play the handheld console. Let the children press the video game controller. Give parents their peace.

No comments: