Saturday, June 10, 2023

Graduation Means Continue Learning

I misunderstood graduation. I accepted graduating high school and college incorrectly. The congratulations were valid. The partying was earned. The relaxing was deserved. I began my vacation. The awards came afterwards.

My mistake was I stopped learning. Graduation was a validation all the requirements were fulfilled. Graduation was a completion of the learnings. Graduation opened new paths for new requirements and new basics. Graduation meant continue learning in subject one, subject two, subject three, subject four, subject five, etc. Graduation was actually a checkpoint.

I'm lucky I corrected the error in May 2015. I reviewed SQL, Excel, and Access. I made a mistake learning Salesforce with their online videos and tutorials. I made a mistake learning Tableau signing up to use their trial accounts multiple times. They were a waste of time. Power BI was better because it's free and incorporates Microsoft 365. A friend told me learn Python instead of Ruby. Relearning HTML and learning CSS and JavaScript encouraged me to redesign my personal webpage Innovate Infinitely.

I changed my training on Feb 2020. I created a two-week rotation schedule. One week was a set of job skills to learn and review. Another week was another set of job skills to learn and review. I took advantage of a new desktop PC. Consistency was strong. I graduate my job training on Tue Jun 6, 2023. Jun is graduation month. Good timing. The skills learned and/or reviewed are the following in no particular order: Excel, Power BI, SQL, Python, Git, Sublime Text, Linux, PowerPoint, R, and Access.

The Endgame

I personally call my continue learning the endgame. It's possible I create multiple endgames. Multiple endgames are innovate infinitely. The endgame started on Wed Jun 7. I finished watching two Git tutorial videos for the third time. These two videos are considered my review videos when I need to review Git. The endgame continued on Fri Jun 9 when I use my old desktop to review Oracle SQL using Oracle SQL Developer. I create a personal database using the same data for Excel, Power BI, SQL, R, and Python. I create a personal Python textbook combining all the lessons I learned. Furthermore, the endgame includes life lessons I learned such as rope knots, physical fitness, paper airplanes, Morse Code, and cooking.

No comments: