Friday, June 02, 2006

Action Speaks Louder Than Words

“The great end of life is not knowledge but action.” --Thomas Henry Huxley

I was a quiet child during my young years. I kept to myself and went along with the group. I rarely spoke out. I liked action movies; although, I created almost no action.

As I look back, there must have been situations where I could initiate action and succeeded. Why didn’t I? Was I afraid to fail? Was I scared I get teased? Was I embarrassed? The answer was all of the above and then some.

The title speaks itself. Action speaks louder than words. Straightforward example: a couple loves each other and says, “I Love You.” The couple must demonstrate, must show, and prove their love using action for “I Love You” to have meaning, to have creditability, to have faith, and to have sincerity. The common actions are hugs and kisses, gifts, love letters, and being together and sharing life.

Think about famous people using action. Dr. Martin Luther King’s non-violent protests. Barry Bonds hitting home runs and chasing Hank Aaron’s all time career home run record. Bill Gates founded Microsoft. Martha Stewart and her Martha Stewart Living business. Albert Einstein, Time Magazine’s person of the century, contributions to science using action. For me, my time is coming up. The beast is waking up from a long hibernation.

Today’s school teaches student to behave quietly and learn from the textbooks. The famous people above found success learning outside the classroom and outside the textbooks. It’s really difficult for quiet people to be successful. Quiet, no. Modest, yes.

One may know the periodic table. One may know all of the Presidents of the United States. One may know how to fix cars. Action is required for the knowledge learned to be useful. After reading the blog, go rent an action movie. LOL!

Unrelated topic. For people in the airsoft hobby, always wear protective eye when skirmishing and when working on the airsoft weapons such as loading BBs, fixing the weapons, and upgrading the weapons. One time, I was uploading the BBs and one BB shot out of the magazine clip and was 1/8th inch away from my eye. Always wear goggles when handling airsoft weapons (^.^)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is Thomas Henry Huxluy?