Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What Does AX 2001 And Potentially AX 2006 Have In Common?

Also, what does Fanime 2002, Anime Expo 2002, Fanime 2004 and Anime Expo 2004 have in common?

The two comparisons are related to me personally. First, Anime Expo (AX) 2001 and potentially AX 2006. Days before AX 2001, I felt depressed. I felt the world was going against me. I wanted to control everything in my life to become successful. I wanted everything in my life and my surroundings to be my way. Yes success is about controlling your actions. And yes, success is choosing what you can control and what you can’t control.

Earlier in the week, I felt depressed. I felt there is so much going on and not enough time to complete everything. At this moment, I’m not prepared for the AX trip to Anaheim. And work is just horrible. There is no soul. The building is where a human being goes in and only a body goes out. I’m tired going to work everyday.

Fortunately, I remember what I learned back at AX 01. Control what you can control and control what you can’t control. I can control what I do at AX. I can’t control the dull work place atmosphere. I can control my time after work. I can’t control the assignments given to me at work. I can control and protect my positive attitude and upbeat feelings. I can’t control my co-worker trying my make my life miserable and get attention from me (for example, sets his phone ring tone so loud my 89 year old grandmother can hear it across the floor.)

I’m scared of AX 06 which leads to Fanime 02, AX 02, Fanime 04 and AX 04. The four conventions have in common is I felt no enjoyment at those four conventions. Events leading to the four conventions were positive and I was really upbeat. I wanted to best of the best to forget my worst of the worst in life. Unfortunately, the four cons were some of the worst convention experiences. I admit the week’s events leading to AX 06 are depressing which should mean I have a great AX 06; on the other hand, there are instances I have happy AX 06 moments. (Please, no jinxes. No jinxes. No jinxes.) How ironic.

I have been making lots of adjustments in planning and scheduling. I must welcome the adjustments and I must improvise to have a great AX 06. I must work hard and at the same time have hardcore fun.

After work today, I’m going to finish packing. I have the focus. I can control my focus to finish packing *__* Thursday I’m going to pick up the rental car and me and two friends are going to drive to Anaheim early Friday morning and arrive between 7:00 A.M. and 8:00 A.M.

On another subject, anime fans, does it seem every even year convention is a good convention and every odd year convention is a bad convention . . . like Star Trek’s even year good movie and odd year bad movie? Curses are meant to be broken just like the Boston Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series. Is AX 06 going to reverse the curse? We shall see ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: