Monday, February 09, 2009

Suuuupa H2O



The last week of Dec 2008 I tried two Japanese drinks for the first time. The first drink is Super H2O which I thought was water ^*__*^ I purchased the drink, opened the cap, and took a sip. WTH! There was sugar in the drink. It tasted sweet. I looked at the ingredients and there was High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). There was a sticker with the ingredients translated in English. I’m not a sparkling water, flavored water, and vitamin water person. I prefer just plain water. Oh, well. I’m not buying Super H2O again.

The second drink was Juroku Cha, a green tea drink. I purchased the drink, opened the cap, and took a sip. WTH! The green tea had the taste of brown rice. I looked at the ingredients and there were barley brown rice and oolong tea. There was a sticker with the ingredients translated in English. I expected pure green tea. Oh, well. I’m not buying Juroku Cha again.

In fairness, I didn’t notice the color of the Juroku Cha tea is brown after I took my first sip. I should have recognized the tea was not pure green tea.

My favorite Japanese drink is Calpico. Strawberry is my favorite. The original is too sweet for me. I also like Ramune. I drank the original flavored Ramune only. All anime fans must drink a Calpico and a Ramune =)

Lesson learned. Read the ingredients when purchasing new food or drink for the first time.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: