Sunday, April 26, 2009

De Anza Journal Week Apr 20, 2009

Mon Apr 20

Sun Apr 19 I was in San Francisco attending the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival. I arrived home around 11:30pm. The last time I checked email was Fri night Apr 17. Few of my emails require immediate attention. Unfortunately, one email was significant. My Monday class was cancelled.

I arrived at ten minutes late to my class. I saw three students. All of us wondered what's going on. We stayed for an additional ten minutes. Then we departed.

I came home and checked my email. The instructor's email arrived in my inbox Sun afternoon Apr 19. What a waste. Oh, well. Can't change the past. I needed more time to finish my Japanese homework. The hot weather was miserable. I started my homework at night time.

Tue Apr 21

The unseasonably warm weather continued. I finished almost all of my homework and studied for the quiz. I was behind in studying my lecture notes. Not good. I arrived in class on time and the instructor was testing hiragana to the students again. Damn, she's demanding and the class is going too fast.

The class took the quiz. I didn't do well. On the bright side, I got a perfect score on the first quiz. The rest of the time the instructor continued the material from last week and she explained in more detailed the homework assignment. I have not started on the homework assignment.

Wed Apr 22

I dropped Japanese online. Why did I drop? Here's the reason. The best decision I made in 2009 so far was taking classes in De Anza. That is now the second best decision. The new best decision is dropping Japanese. I purchase a new Japanese book at Kinokuniya on Fri Apr 24 to self teach myself. Time will tell if dropping Japanese was a good choice.

The Strength Development started ten minutes late. Half of the class attended. The instructor explained why Monday's class was cancelled. The short answer is budget cuts. No substitutes available in Spring Quarter '09. I had a good workout. Looking forward to learn free weights soon.

After showering in the men's locker room, I went to the Campus Center for a hamburger and regular fries. Next time I order the combo, I tell the worker to provide half of the fries. I couldn't finish it. The regular fries tasted better than the curly fries. I read the Japanese comic Black Cat chapters 2-5.

I attended Social Dance. We continued to learn the cha cha cha. The instructor added her personal moves. My sister said the moves are not part of the un-chorographic cha cha cha. The guys picked up the new moves quicker than the gals. Overall, the girls stink. When the instructor said to find a partner, the guys rushed to the good gals, LOL. I stayed after class was over to practice more. I helped one girl improved cha cha cha after class.

Thur Apr 23

I dropped Japanese. No need for a Thur entry anymore.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: