Friday, April 17, 2009

De Anza Journal Week Apr 13, 2009

Nothing dramatic big or small to share. The second week I established my schedule. I know I'm going part-time. It's the adjustment going back to school and studying at home. Attending De Anza full time is coming soon. Still looking for a full time job in the morning and afternoon.

Mon Apr 13

I have one class on Mondays that is Strength Development. No need to arrive early for a parking space and no need to use the locker in the men's locker room. I went to my gym to run on the treadmill for 20 minutes before class. I arrived 5 minutes late and the coach was on time =P After class, I went home. I read an article I must jog for 20 minutes or less before lifting weights. If I jog more than 20 minutes I lose energy to lift weights effectively.

Tue Apr 14

Japanese was a vocabulary review. Everyone got the answers for the quiz on Thur Apr 16. We needed to memorize the Japanese words spelled in English or Roman-ji. The instructor continued to drill and have all students talk to each other in Japanese. The instructor needs improvement in her lectures. She is disorganized when she explains concepts and new vocabulary.

After class, I got my dance shoes from my sister's dance studio where she teaches.

Wed Apr 15

I jogged three laps at the track before Strength Development. I arrived on time and the coach was 10 minutes late :P I finished almost all my workouts as if I was working out at the gym. I didn't do any crunches. I did the angled bench press (I forgot the name of the workout). In time, I begin experimenting and re-familiarize with the free weights.

Then I went to the men's locker room and showered. I went to the Campus Center to eat a hamburger and read the Japanese comic or manga Black Cat chapter 1. When in doubt what to eat, eat a hamburger. The cafeteria's curly fries are too spicy :O

At 7pm, I went to my dance class. We continued to learn the cha cha cha. The instructor was likely tired and lost focus because at times she seemed pissed. At the end of the class, the instructor said we looked great dancing the cha cha cha. I don't think so. We spent two class meetings (excluding roll call and going over the syllabus) and we are good at the cha cha cha? Heck no. We still need practice. The next class meeting I wear a white t-shirt. It was hot.

Thur Apr 16

We took the first quiz for Japanese. We learned lots of new material and concepts. Lots of information even though one class meeting is actually two 50 minute classes. I don't mind the cram like schedule because I drive less often to class. The dilemma is knowing Hiragana and Katakana. There is so much to memorize. I just started memorizing the Hiragana and already the instructor was showing us flash cards to the class. No excuse to not memorizing. I consult my friends who took Japanese for their thoughts and opinions. I already have a college degree. Whatever letter grade I earn—I earn it. I continue to learn Japanese during the summer. Vocabulary quiz next class meeting.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: