Thursday, April 16, 2009

Doubleheader 2 of 2: New Desktop Pad And Tying To 300

Yesterday I studied my Japanese on my desk. My desk has a Hewlett Packard 1987 12 month calendar desktop pad. Yup, 1987. My Dad gave me the desktop pad in junior high, and it's still in good condition. Each sheet contained all 12 months and there are more than 12 sheets.

I removed the old sheet from wear and tear. I write the date when I use the new sheet or date I removed the old sheet. The date was Feb 17, 2007 on the old sheet. It took me 788 days to change the sheet. I thought, "What the hell did I do?" In other words, what didn't I do on my desk. I didn't learn anything new. I didn't do anything big ;__;

Then I thought about my 300th blog and a key statistic: The longest date range no blog in the top 30 is Sep 26, 2007 to July 9, 2008, a span of 287 days or approximately 9.6 months. Also, I forgot who I was between Mon Mar 19, 2007 and Fri Oct 3, 2008. On Sat Oct 4, 2008, I realized I must grow up.

I didn't use my desk for a long time. I didn't use my desk to innovate myself. I didn't use my desk to learn something new. I use my desk for small stuff such as paying bills and writing notes. Today, I'm paying bills, writing notes, AND learning Japanese. My desk is back in my life. I'm happy XD

Side note: View the 300th blog here.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: