Friday, May 07, 2010

De Anza Week May 3, 2010

Mon May 3, 2010

We continued to learn the Tango after reviewing the Nite Club Two Step. Physical fitness is important in dancing. There are some men and women who can't do a basic Tango. I hope they learn it next class meeting. I lost my focused towards the end. My left arm was not in the "T" frame. I also forgot to extend my upper left arm forward for shorter girls to keep the "T" frame. And I forgot to keep my feet pointing straight.

The students have a good idea who to dance. The guys walk straight to the good dancing girls leaving the bad dancing girls without a partner when we start to pair up.

Tue May 4, 2010

The Acct 1C instructor said 15 students from my Tue/Thur class took the first mid-term on the Mon/Wed class. The results for all Tue/Thur students were 37% got an A. I got an A. The mid-term was easy, and the easiest and most straightforward mid-term I have taken that includes all of her Acct 1B mid-terms. The lecture we reached the 1,000th page. I don't recall having a textbook that has 1,000 pages. The textbook is used in Acct 1A, 1B, and 1C.

I purchased a bag of chips at the express store during my Bus 18 break. I had to eat the chips during the second half of the class. Bad mistake. I ate the chips quietly. No more chips. I must eat something quiet such as cookies or candy. The prices in the express store are retail. I'm going to buy snacks at supermarkets and take advantage of the sales.

We ended Bus 18 talking about torts. We ended with false imprisonment. The instructor shared a true story. A couple was arguing in a car. The girlfriend wanted to get out. She couldn't because the boyfriend used the child-proof locks to prevent opening the door. (Do child-proof locks work on the passenger front door? Maybe she was in the back seat.) The boyfriend wanted his girlfriend to listen to him. The girlfriend continued to demand the boyfriend to let her out of the car. That's false imprisonment. There was a police officer who was there and arrested the boyfriend.

33% of the class got A's in Acct 66. I got a B. I misread one multiple choice question and did some problems incorrectly. The mid-term was straightforward. I'm going to make adjustments on how I complete the homework and study for the second mid-term since I have an idea how the instructor tests his students.

Thur May 6, 2010

Lesson learned yesterday. Don't eat really old leftovers on gym days. I had a stomach ache. I couldn't go workout and I even couldn't study. I went to bed early.

I forgot my eraser at home. All my pencils the eraser was used up. I had to cross out my errors when the class reviewed problems. The next Acct 1C quiz was delayed to Tue May 11. I was ready for the quiz because the material in Chapter 22 is the same material I learned in Acct 66 Chapter 3. Timing was in my favor.

I declare the lesson for Spring '10 is "timing is everything." The Fall '09 lesson was "everybody is human; let it all out" and the Winter '10 lesson was "go with the flow."

The postponements continued in Bus 18. The instructor delayed the second mid-term from Thur May 13 to Tue May 18. Some people remember the McDonalds lawsuit where an 80 year old woman sued McDonalds for spilling coffee. There's more to the story than what the media reported. The instructor met the lawyer representing the woman. The woman spilled coffee between her legs causing burns on her upper legs, thighs, and groin. The coffee was hotter than normal because McDonalds wanted to keep the coffee hot when the typical customer arrived at work. McDonalds found a way to keep the coffee hot longer to compete with Starbucks. The woman just wanted McDonalds to pay for the medical bills. McDonalds refused. The woman filed a lawsuit and won. For full detail facts visit the website http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm.

In Acct 66, the instructor reviewed the extra homework for Chap 6 and then started lecturing Chap 9. The instructor knows the concepts in cost accounting. The problem is he can't teach. Almost nobody wrote lecture notes. I tried to follow from the textbook. I couldn’t do it. I take a look at Chap 9 tomorrow. I figured out why 33% of the class got A's on the first mid-term. The first mid-term was material from Acct 1C. Nothing new was introduced for students who took Acct 1C.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: