Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Make Lemonade Out Of Lemons

Murphy’s law says “If anything can go wrong, it will.” On Sat Jul 17, something went wrong. My PC crashed. I was browsing the internet. My PC was infected with malware. Antivirus is useless against malware. I was able to browse the web to find solutions. There were at least three solutions. I found a solution and followed the instructions. Failed. As a result, my PC couldn’t boot up.

I thought of several solutions to fix my PC. One solution was reinstalling Windows XP. Another solution was buying another hard drive and install Windows 7. I planned to buy another hard drive because the current hard drive memory was low. The timing to buy another hard drive was when Starcraft 2 is released Tue July 27. I talked to my friend. He suggested I install Windows 7. I agreed. The solution was to purchase a 1TB hard drive and to install Windows 7 on it.

I purchased the hard drive later in the day. The installation succeeded. I used the old hard drive for storage. The old hard drive is partitioned. I lost no data. I have three hard drives: 1TB, 640GB that is the first hard drive, and 80GB IDE backup drive. All three drives are Western Digitals. The RAM increased from 4GB to 8GB. The installation process gave me a refresher on working with PC hardware. I must learn new features in Windows 7.

Murphy’s law is correct. Anything can go wrong in our lives. We experience lemons in our lives. When there are lemons, make lemonade. Take the frustrated situation and get something positive in return such as meet new people, learn from a mistake, learn new knowledge, visit somewhere new, or try something new. There are new experiences to experience. Negative experiences included. We say to others, “Yup, that happened to me. Here’s what I did . . . .”

Being frustrated is normal. Remember to be patient, concentrate on the problem, ask for help, and you have a solution.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: