Friday, October 01, 2010

De Anza Week Sept 27, 2010

Mon Sep 27

I went to bed at 2am last night. There was so much fun stuff and little things to do. I woke up at 9:30am, very late to get a good parking spot. I arrived at 10:40am. There were plenty of parking spaces on the top floor. I purchased Pop Tarts for breakfast at the bookstore. I want that to be the first and only time for the quarter. I ate outside and I heard the terrible singing student. A couple of student walked passed me saying he has a Facebook fan page. I'm not surprised; however, how did they know about him? They might have saw a flyer or he wore a sign saying he has a Facebook.

It appears Intermediate Acct. may not be as hard as I initially thought; however, I'm not taking it for granted thinking it’s a walk in the park. Today's lecture was continuing Chapter 1. The green sheet says we start on Chapter 2. The professor says he anticipated being behind and was "overzealous" creating the weekly assignments. I read Chapter 2 tonight.

The professor makes an effort to arrive on time. His office hours end at 12:30pm, the start of the class. He announced he change his office hours to give time to arrive on time and to eat lunch. I believe it when I see it. Class ended 15 minutes early.

I got my book for Computer Accounting Systems. I purchased the book from half.com. I have all my textbooks.

There were less students in dance class compared to last Mon. We continued learning the Rumba. The men are pretty good this quarter compared to Spring '10. A few people, including myself, were too enthusiastic dancing. The next class meeting I calm down. Laughing too loud and being too enthusiastic are personal concerns I continue to work out controlling. Just calm down.

Tue Sep 28

OK, I want TODAY to be the last time I purchase Pop Tarts for breakfast! I finished reading Chapter 2 and downloaded the homework and lecture notes last night for Intermediate Acct. I tried to wake up at 7:30am getting five hours of sleep that was not enough. I woke up at 8:30am, skipped breakfast, and arrived at De Anza at 9:15am for Excel.

It appears Excel may be easier than I thought; however, I’m not taking it for granted thinking it's actually a walk in the park. The instructor lectured for 15 minutes, then the rest of the class we worked on the homework. I'm 95% done with the homework due Thur. I finished the homework at home because I needed to review my financial accounting books. I ate my Pop Tart after class.

I went to the computer lab to finish the Excel homework. I balanced the balance sheet financial statement. Later, I read my financial acct. books to check my answers. I emailed the completed homework tonight. The Quickbook class came to the computer lab. I choose to catch up on emails at the library as a courtesy.

In Computer Accounting Systems, we continued reviewing financial acct. I was rusty at journal entries and posting to the ledger. A classmate shared a story her friend took Intermediate Acct last year. Her friend walked up to the instructor to ask a question. She walked back to her seat and her book was missing. Someone stole her book. The textbook costs $220 at the bookstore. That's messed up.

I learned there are international editions for my Intermediate Acct and Computer Accounting Systems. Those textbooks are significantly cheaper than the American version. The publishers know how to take advantage the American way.

Wed Sep 29

I arrived at 10am. There were a few parking spots on the third floor at the Flint Center Parking Garage. The fourth floor is the top. I got out of the car, open the trunk, and removed my laptop bag. I felt a heat source on my right. There was a car whose engine was idle. The driver was on his laptop doing something. That's messed up. I don't want to stay there for an extended period of time.

Inside the library I saw a friend who was heading to his class. We chatted briefly. He was taking a class unrelated to his transfer courses because he needed the class to maintain full time status. I was catching up on emails.

We finished Chap 1 in Intermediate Acct. The instructor talked about mafias, lol. We have two take home quizzes due Wed Oct 6. There is no class on Mon Oct 4.

I went to the Wed night dance class. We learned more of the Cha Cha Cha routine. I forgot most of my Cha Cha Cha. I forgot about the pivot turn. Good review. A few students and I chatted after class.

Thur Sep 30

I got a 23 out of 20 for my first Excel homework. I got three points bonus for doing the extra credit problems. The entire class meeting we reviewed the homework and quickly talked about the next homework assignment. I started doing the homework assignment in the computer lab after class. What the hell?!? I almost finished the homework despite being rusty on merchandise financial statements. The balance sheet number matched the book answer. I finish the homework looking up the merchandise chapter in my financial accounting textbook to verify my answers later today.

I purchased another Pop Tart before Computer Accounting class. The reason was I got a stomach ache last night. I ate two pieces of bread for breakfast. The Pop Tart was both my breakfast and early lunch. The line at the convenience store was long. The cashier was slow. I was ten minutes late to class. The good news was I missed nothing. The bad news was someone took my seat. We continued reviewing financial accounting.

I checked out a DVD at the library before going home. I choose The Midnight Cowboy starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. Looking ahead, Sat night is free and the homework is minimal.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: