Thursday, October 28, 2010

De Anza Week Oct 25, 2010

Mon Oct 25

I have a better understanding why most students eat out more than they want. The reasons are saving time from cooking and saving money (arguably, eating out is cheaper than eating at home). I ate out for lunch and ate lots of candy bars more often than I want in Spring ’10. The food at home was boring. I was in survival mode especially after Memorial Day weekend. I was one step closer to survival mode today because I have a mid-term on Thur and two mid-terms next week.

Fall ’10 quarter sets how I handle Winter ’11 and Spring ’11. If everything goes well, I earn my AA degree in Accounting at the end of Spring ‘11. I plan to take two classes in Winter and Spring ’11 quarters. I shouldn’t take three classes because I need time for family. I’m more involved in daily routines at home than I should be including cooking and washing dishes. The more time I spend with family, the less time I have for school work. I’m spoiled because I don’t have to take GE classes since I have a bachelors; on the other hand, I can’t attend San Jose State because I already have a bachelors. San Jose State prohibits students who want a second bachelors because of the bad economy and overcrowding. I have no rush graduating De Anza with a AA given my current family situation, no job, and the prolonged recession.

Tue Oct 26

Intermediate Acct and Integrated Computer Acct. classes are behind schedule. What else is new in life? I believe everyone is behind on something. The irony is students who submit their homework and projects late are penalized. Teachers grading homework and mid-terms late and are behind schedule in the syllabus are not penalized. Similarly, sons and daughters who are late doing something are penalized by their parents—at least strict parents; however, if parents are late with something, sons and daughters don’t penalized their parents.

In the real world, sometimes work, projects, and commitments are completed late. There are no repercussions most of the time. I received late commitments at Grubb & Ellis, Colliers, and even Cisco. We do our best to meet our deadlines and commitments. Sometimes we can’t. Fall’10 is the quarter I submitted homework late. I do my best meeting homework deadlines. I have other activities and responsibilities outside school I must complete.

I thought students were lazy submitting assignments late while I was at San Jose State. Now that I think about it, many of those students submitting assignments late were not lazy. They have other commitments such as working and taking care of their family. There is so much we do in today’s information age way of living. The honest people complete their responsibilities and commitments the best and the earliest we can.

Wed Oct 27

Read the textbook, do the homework, and study hard are keys to earn high grades. Another key to earn high grades teachers and counselors fail to advise their students is eat well. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are meals unavoidable. No junk food. No cookies and chips while doing your math. If you need to skip a meal, skip lunch. Breakfast is the most important meal.

I concentrate better when I eat three meals a day. I concentrate in classes when I eat breakfast. I’m in a good mood when I’m not hungry. I have energy throughout the day in classes and when I study at home.

Eating good meals are important for me. I make efforts I eat well. I perform better in the long run taking time to grocery shop, cook, and eating healthy instead of eating unhealthy fast food and getting my food much quicker.

Thur Oct 28

Timing and luck are part of success. If you’re at the right place at the right time, life is good. My first accounting class in Fall ’09 obviously was Financial Acct I. I never knew the basic accounting classes are three quarters. Timing and luck were in my favor. I took Financial Acct I in Fall ’09, Financial Acct II in Winter ’10, and Managerial Acct in Spring ’10. I completed the basic courses in one year while retaining what I learned carrying forward to the next class without worrying about summer vacation forgetting the concepts.

Cost Acct was another class timing and luck were somewhat in my favor. The timing was in my favor because I learned similar concepts in Managerial Acct and Cost Acct. Luck was not in my favor because the instructor was terrible. Fall ’10 is the best example timing and luck. The three classes interconnect. I learn a concept in one class I apply in another class. I review another concept in one class helps me complete an assignment in another class. For example, I took a mid-term in Excel. The worksheet was completing a trial balance and creating an income statement and balance sheet under a periodic inventory system. I learned periodic inventory system in Integrated Computer Acct. Timing and luck were in my favor.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: