Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Get Back

“Get back to where you once belonged.” --Get Back, The Beatles’ John Lennon and Paul McCartney

On Saturday October 4, 2008, I realized I must grow up. My life needed changes. I was lost, I took life for granted, and I either took life not seriously or took life too seriously. I initiated changes to begin growing up weeks after October 4. One way I made changes was similar to The Beatles’ song “Get Back.”

The first change was my clothes. I wore polo shirts, plain white-t shirts, dress shirts, and slacks outside work. I went back to when I was in high school, and I now wear buttoned sports shirts without tucking in and blue jeans. I wore hiking shoes and SWAT police boots inside and outside work. I went back to when I was in high school, and I now wear casual dress shoes outside work. If I wear shorts, I wear casual sneakers. I wear hiking shoes when I hike or when I’m outdoors requiring long distance walking such as spending a day in San Francisco or Santa Cruz.

Another change was old school sit-ups. I did new school sit-ups since I started going to the local gym regularly in 2000. I went back to when I graduated college, and I now do old school sit-ups. My gym workouts include 100 old school sit-ups.

And another change was reading fiction books. I read nonfiction books such as business, leadership, investment, and self improvement books after college. I went back to fiction books when I attended college. My first fiction books after Oct 4, 2008 were “The Choice” by Nicholas Sparks and “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy.

I have a better understanding why some successful people who experience a slump or setback revisit their roots. The roots, the core values, the early successes are what made successful people the best they are. It can be people forgot something and they needed to go back and remember the past.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: