Monday, October 08, 2012

I'm Doing The Best I Can, Really

Look at me today. I'm unemployed, I live at home with my parents, and I have few friends. Money has been tight. Fortunately, I'm doing a good job controlling my spending. I search and apply for jobs five days a week. My life is limited living at home and little funds to pay for my expenses. Life is not in pause, rather, it's in slow motion.

I have been learning new job skills and refreshing my job skills. I self-taught myself MySQL and Visio. I refreshed my Excel, PowerPoint, and Crystal Reports. I plan to learn SAS and Google Analytics soon if I don't find a job for the remainder of 2012. I earned an AA degree in Accounting last year. There is free time being unemployed some time must be devoted to learning job skills instead of watching TV in the afternoon. I was interviewed five times. My revised resume and cover letter are generating calls.

There is still a life for me. There are adventures to find, new experiences to experience, and people to meet. I'm dating a girl. I visited Hoover Tower, hiked in new trails, ate new foods, played new board games, and read books. I continue to stay in shape working out at the gym.

I make the best of my living conditions and situations. I still create memories and memorable moments. I still find positives for the day. Ironically, the past four years have been the best years of my. I see myself having better years coming soon. Today's experiences, knowledge, new people I meet, and lessons I learn are my strengths for tomorrow. With a little luck and timing in my favor, I'm one step closer to my better life. I'm doing the best I can, really.

No comments: