Thursday, April 25, 2013

Time Moves Forward, Are You?

There are people who move forward in life like we are marking off checkboxes in our lives. We graduate high school, graduate college, find a job, find love, get married, raise children, buy a home, get promoted, win a contract, win a championship, master a skill, learn something new, invent something new, finish a project, buy a car, start a business, accomplish a milestone, visit a foreign country, win a contest, etc. We check off as much as we can, how appropriate they affect our lives, the timing, and whether we choose what we want and what we don't want in our lives.

On the other hand, there are setbacks that either slows down or moves backwards. Divorce, layoff, business goes bankrupt, lose a contract, fail an entrance exam, natural disaster, a car accident, health problems, a lawsuit, delay in graduation, family problems, death of a close person, etc. We can overcome setbacks. We can get stronger, learn from the mistakes, and acquire wisdom not to repeat the mistakes. The knowledge and wisdom help us handle the next time the setback happens. We move forward again when the setbacks are successfully overcome.

My life is moving forward slowly at best. I'm proactively job searching daily. I'm motivated to find a job to move my life forward at a normal pace. I have many checkboxes that needs to be marked including finding a job, moving out and living on my own, meeting more new people, visiting Great Britain for my first European vacation, and investing. People don't see me sitting on a chair watching television or playing video games at least eight hours a day. I read books to increase my knowledge and wisdom, workout at the gym to maintain a good healthy lifestyle, cook and clean to help out with my parents at home, and spend time with my girlfriend and friends to maintain a social life all when I'm not job searching. My supplemental job searching aids are taking online classes and reading books on job skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Crystal Reports.

I know people who're new parents for the first time, couples engaged to be married, individuals who found new and/or better jobs, students graduating college, parents' children going to college, friends going on a big vacation, and people achieving personal big goals such that it's worth writing home to their parents. Their lives are moving forward.

Benjamin Franklin said, "The only things certain in life are death and taxes." Everyone can say tomorrow is pretty much certain. Time moves forward. We age one day closer to death. Are you moving forward with time?

I'm moving forward with time. My unemployment is a setback. I'm learning, getting stronger, being more mature and professional, and wising up. I'm moving backwards if I sit around the house complaining and being angry. I make time everyday doing whatever I need to move my life forward again. I'm open to anything, anywhere, anyhow, and anyway possible I must to succeed in life.

No comments: