Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Death

A friend of my dad died on Dec 2013. We received a letter detailing his death on Mon Jan 6, 2014. The death was a shock to my entire family. He suffered a fatal heart attack at work. He died instantly. There were no past health problems. He was 56 years old. If you were to meet him face to face, you likely think he was in his late 40s. He was a smart man working as an engineer at a medium sized company. He is survived by his wife and daughter.

Nobody escapes death. We start dying the minute we're born. Anytime, anywhere, any reason, and any cause, death comes to us. Sometimes we're prepared. Sometimes we're not prepared. Death can come instantly.

There is always time to live a good life no matter the age. Don't live a boring life. I continue to catch up what I missed in my 20s and early 30s. I'm not ready to die. There are more new adventures. There are more new experiences. There are more new people to meet. I'm motivated to live the best life I can. I live a better life tomorrow. I don't want to settle and live a too easy life. Living a too easy life is a waste of time.

The last five years gave me confidence, hope, and knowledge I'm living my life correctly. I'm living my life without boredom. I'm living my life seeking new adventures, experiencing new experiences, and making new friends. The starting point happened on Sat Oct 4, 2008 when I realized I must grow up. My life has been getting better thereafter indefinitely. I earned an AA degree in Accounting. I learned ballroom dancing and ice skating. I started to read fiction books. I found new hobbies including hiking and Mahjong (Riichi). A friend introduced me to good workout plans I follow at the gym. I opened myself to eat new foods. I recently found a job which I hope leads me to a new future moving out of the house and living on my own. And there is much, much more.

I'm not ready to die; however, if I die soon, at least I accomplished much more of my life in the last five years than the previous 30+ years. I add bullet points to my life resume every day. My future obituary is beefing up with more positive descriptions. I want to die on the highest note telling my friends and family I never stop living a good life. I'm positive and joyful. I always desire to do something, anything new.

No comments: