Tuesday, April 08, 2014

My Foundation

I'm following up a blog I wrote on Fri Jan 31, 2014 titled Clean The House With Deconstruction And Reconstruction . I wrote destruction was necessary to improve, to change, to innovate one self. It's like deconstructing an unsafe and outdated building to reconstruct a new safe and modern building. I also mentioned my new foundation I established reconstructing my new life.

I want to list specifics in my foundation today. My foundation establishes who I am. I mention the specifics which started from Oct 2008 to present.

*Gym (Oct 2008). A friend recommended Bodybuilding.com. I downloaded workout plans and purchased new gym clothing. Physical activity is important for good health and well-being. We have elbows and knees. Use them or lose them.

*Core Friends (Oct 2008). The last months of 2008 my core friends and I became closer. These core friends continue to be an important part of my life. I hope we continue to stay together as long as we can. It's unfortunate as time moves forward, our lives move forward, and some of us move somewhere else.

*Fiction Books (Oct 2008). I'm happy reading books is a favorite hobby. I can't explain why I avoided fiction books. I believe people learn more about life and themselves reading fiction books. I read 75% fiction and 25% nonfiction. Most of the books I buy are used at used bookstores and library fundraising.

*Gaming PC (Dec 2008). I built my own PC simply named "Gaming PC". I wanted to use the latest and greatest hardware I could afford. A solid and reliable computer is important in today's information society. My computer was vital when I went back to school.

*Social Networking (Apr 2009 and Nov 2009). I registered for a Facebook account on Apr 2009 and a Twitter account on Nov 2009. Social networking helps me keep in touch with my friends and family. Social networking also helps me communicate my latest and greatest to my friends and family.

*Professional Skills (2009-Present). I relearned SQL, Business Objects (Crystal Reports), and Office 2007. I learned QuickBooksPro and Peachtree.

*Why QuickBooks and Peachtree? (Sep 2009-Mar 2011). I went back to school to earn an AA degree in Accounting at De Anza College. Going back to De Anza was a second chance of experiencing college life I missed as an undergraduate attending San Jose State University. My experiences at De Anza were satisfactory.

*Back To Work (Nov 2013). I found a job two years and four months after I completed De Anza. I'm a data entry/bookkeeper at a retail start up. The high priority is getting job experience to fill a gap in my resume.

*The Small Stuff (Various Dates). My smart phone, taking public transit from Daly City to San Francisco to avoid the downtown traffic and parking hassles, drinking water in the morning, trying new restaurants, hiking, filling up my car with brand name gasoline, wet shaving, forgiving, being free, and be a good person. My daily life motto is get up and do something, anything.

*Settling Down (?). I want more in my life. I'm not ready to settle down. Steve Jobs ended his commencement address at Stanford University in 2005 saying, "Stay hungry, stay foolish." I'm hungry for more out of life. I'm foolish enough to make mistakes and learn from them.

No comments: