Sunday, July 13, 2014

Top Ten Ways I Lower My Chances Getting Sick

I was sick from Wed May 6 to Mon Jun 16. It was the longest time I was sick. I was sick with a throat infection and a bacterial infection in my left eye. The sicknesses were preventable. I blog a timeline which includes the symptoms, the remedies, and my doctor visit at a later date.

A clean house lowers the chances I get sick. I don't want to live in a house with dust and dirt on the carpets. I don't want to live in a house with sticky floors. I clean the house every 4-5 weeks. Avoiding expired foods and drinks are another way to lower the chances I get sick. I remember getting a sore throat drinking expired cranberry juice. Lesson learned.

Here are the top ten ways I lower my chances getting sick:

10. Take Charge Eating At Home. Sometimes my mom doesn't want to cook. It's up to me to cook tonight's meal. It's worth the time even though I lose my free time doing something else. I didn't get sick in 2013; however, I lost free time job searching and job training. The choice is obvious. Cook instead of risking sickness again skipping dinner.

9. Soda Is My Best Friend. My spice tolerance level is low. My body responds well drinking soda with spicy food. I remember two times I got sick eating spicy food without soda on Feb 1998 and possibly May 2014.

8. No Forcing Myself Working Out. There is no gym workout when any of the conditions is met: incomplete meals, lack of sleep the previous night, or not enough time for a complete workout.

7. Stagnant Air. I'm prone to get sick when the air inside is stagnant and warm or an indoor draft from an air condition vent. An outdoor draft is okay.

6. Take Your Time. Avoid stress. Do everything one at a time.

5. Know The Current Weather Conditions. I dislike a big difference between the daily high temperature and the daily low temperature. For example, my body fails to adjust to a high in the 80s and the low in the 50s. I desire consistent daytime and nighttime weather temperatures with gradual increase and decrease changes. The Spring 2014 weather experienced big temperature discrepancies in Northern California.

4. Get Good Sleep. Proper rest is important to re-energize for the next day. If I can't finish it, then I complete it tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day.

3. Listen To My Body. Eat when my stomach growls. Drink when I'm dehydrated. Take a nap when I'm fatigued. Take a break when I'm stressed.

2. Stay Hydrated. Drink water. Drink water on hot days. Drink water on any warm environment. Drink water when I'm working out at the gym.

1. Eat Three Meals. Never skip breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I go out to restaurants including fast food if I must.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: