Sunday, July 20, 2014

You're Still Innovating Infinitely

I wrote a blog questioning Innovate Infinitely titled What Is Innovate Infinitely? on Mon Jul 7. I answered I haven't innovated my life infinitely. I still live at home. My life has changed little. I was still weak. My life moved forward too slowly.

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards," said Steve Jobs at the 2005 Stanford University Commencement. My life since I created Innovating Infinitely in 2000 has actually been good. I've been innovating my life infinitely. I accepted the slow and growing process. Perhaps, too slow compared to some; however, faster than others. I achieved much millions of people haven't. It's time to speed up the growing process. I wait for the timing is right to make my fast move. Here are some examples connecting the dots backwards below in the meantime.

*Business And Investment Books. I started read these books in 1999. I continued reading the books with high interest in 2002. These books taught me new perspectives on rich people, why people start a business, and investing in the stock market. Many investors are investing with, in my opinion, wrong and outdated information. Many investors are lacking solid financial education.

*New Reporting And Analysis. The innovating infinitely attitude allowed me to take the Research Department to new heights starting in 2002. I created new reports and new analysis to assist the commercial real estate brokers in marketing their properties, helping meet new clients, and making their lives easier closing deals.

*Wearing Costumes At Anime Conventions. I wore a costume for the first time at the Japan Town Anime Faire in Sep 2004. I knew wearing costumes helped me meet new people. I didn't know wearing costumes resulted in making long-term friends. Furthermore, wearing costumes continued my anime hobby from 2004 to 2014. I thought about quitting at the end of 2004.

*Trips And Vacations. Innovating infinitely involves seeking new adventures and experiencing new experiences. The first vacation started in Jul 2003 when my family and I took a week trip that included Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, and San Diego. My friend from Washington and I took a three day trip to Las Vegas in Dec 2004 and Dec 2006. My first foreign country visit to Canada took place in Aug 2005.

*More New Friends In 2006. 2006 was a big year meeting new people and making new friends. Some of them are important in my life today.

*Gym. A good friend recommended bodybuilding.com to download workout plans in Sept 2008. I follow the plans today. I was motivated to improve my workout. I purchased new workout clothing. I'm looking forward to follow intermediate workout plans when I establish a good body core. It's going to be easier to workout consistently because I retired from anime.

*Ballroom Dancing. My sister introduced ballroom dancing in Jan 2009. She was an amateur competitive ballroom dancer. Learning ballroom dancing resulted in taking classes at De Anza College starting in Mar 2009. I also met new people and made new friends.

*Accounting at De Anza College. Taking ballroom dancing classes inspired me to continue attending De Anza College taking accounting classes. Accounting was an alternate major when I attended San Jose State. I took my first accounting class in Sep 2009 and graduated in Mar 2011.

*New Interests, Skills, And Knowledge. I taught myself SQL, Salesforce, and Photoshop. I'm currently reviewing Excel's pivot tables, V-lookups, and analysis. I'm learning Python. I learned how to change the oil in my car, cook, and play MahJong (Riichi). I started reading fiction books. The reason why I continue to learn new skills and knowledge professionally and personally is because . . .

*. . . I grew up. Sat Oct 4, 2008 is the day I remember for the rest of my life. I realized I must grow up. Playtime is over. It's time to act my age. It's time to stop taking life for granted. I must earn what I want. There is so much in life to try and to do. I never settle. My life changed forever. Looking back from Sat Oct 4, 2008 to today, I have been innovating my life infinitely. There is much more to do.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: