Saturday, August 01, 2015

Instant Bullets Blog Aug 1, 2015

*More cars parked on the street. I don't have the data to support. I believe a single family home parking their cars on the driveway and/or the street is a hording household. A garage is primarily intended to secure your cars and to protect them from the weather. One criteria is the occupants are a traditional single family. Other criteria include the home is not a rental where multiple housemates with their own cars rent rooms, the home has a car for each parent, or the occupants are an empty nest retired couple.

I intend my car belongs in my garage when I own a home. If I can't park my car in my garage, then I must remove items in my house. I'm not a materialistic person. Hording is not part of my life.

*Learn a skill to help people. I discovered an idea my parents should have taught me when I was a child. The idea is learn a skill to help people. My dad has skills to help people which include plumbing, woodworking, and electrical. My parents didn't teach me skills to help people. I believe I satisfied a skill. I completed the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training in Feb 2015. My training continues. I plan to take first-aid and CPR classes soon.

*Informational meeting. My department started informational meetings. Informational meetings are learning sessions or gaining knowledge seminars related to the company's business. One person runs the meeting like a lecturer in a college class. The participants are like the students acquiring information from the lecturer. The participants suggest topics to discuss. The lecturer writes the topics on a whiteboard. The lecturer begins sharing information one topic at a time.

The information meeting is another Tell Me You Game. The Tell Me You Games help people socialize. Click Tell Me You Games to read the games I created.

*Technical skills doesn't necessarily mean higher pay. Workers who bring business to the company are paid higher than people who don't bring business. People skills are more valuable than technical skills. If you get along with your co-workers, socially active, open person, and a good conversationalist, then you have a higher chance of longevity and a higher salary. Salespeople know the importance of people skills.

*Kickstarter board games on eBay. An experienced board gamer told me most board games on Kickstarter are bad. I backed three games. One game is a winner, a second game is okay, and a third game is a failure. I sold the third game unopened on eBay. The winning bid was less than my backed dollar amount. My friend backed the third game, too. He told me the game is bad playing multiple times with his friends.

You can take a chance buying a backed Kickstarter board game on eBay for a cheaper price. You need to wait months to acquire the game at a cheaper price than the backed price.

*USA Women's National Soccer Team. Congratulations to the team winning the 2015 World Cup. Well earned. The win was redemption from the 2011 World Cup loss. Moreover, I became interested in soccer when a friend took me to my first Major League Soccer game one month before the World Cup. Good timing.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: