Friday, November 25, 2005

I Fried Fry's Electronics

I woke up at 3:30 A.M. today to participate in the Black Friday. Black Friday is the first day of shopping for the Christmas holiday and it's always the day after Thanksgiving. Why is it called Black Friday? The reason is retailers are supposed to make money—be in the "black" meaning make a profit $$-))

On Thanksgiving day, I looked at the ads. None of the stores' sales interested me. I choose to go to Fry's Electronics in San Jose. At 3:45 A.M., I went to 7-Eleven to purchase a newspaper for the Fry's ad. I arrived at 4:00 A.M. to line up. The line was long and stretched from the entrance towards the back of the store. It sprinkled a little and there was a three car accident outside the store parking lot. The crash sounded like a sonic boom. Many heard the sound and turned their heads towards the accident. I read the ad three times. Most of the stuff I was neither interested nor was interested but not needed. I planned to purchase a projector screen, an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and a 9-in-1 USB card reader.

It took 20 minutes to enter the store. Some people cut in line by climbing the dock high loading docks. The entrance line was disorganized. I overheard some people saying last year was more organized.

I entered the store at 5:20 A.M. Man, some areas of the store were scary :-O In particular, people were quickly lining up for the cheap ass prices for memory, $14 DVD players, and bargain LCD TVs. And at the Apple section, people pushed and shoved for the Apple Nanos. I successfully got my projector screen. I failed to get the UPS and the 9-in-1 USB card reader. I lined up for checkout. The line was the second worst line ever. Disneyland lines were much better! The line moved very, very, very, very slowly. Grrrrr! I moved 24 feet in 30 minutes. It was a blessing in disguise because I thought to myself the projector screen didn't have a stand. No wonder why the screen was cheap. I rather pay more for a complete projector screen with stand and, perhaps, not as heavy. I anticipated at least a three hour wait. It's not worth the $50.00 rebate, and the screen remains unopened because I delayed shopping for an LCD projector because prices are too high. I returned the screen back to the place where I got it and I left the store happy ^__^

BTW, the worst line was Anime Expo 2004 registration. LOL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: