Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What Is The Worst Gift

I drove to work after an extended Thanksgiving holiday and on the radio the morning DJs were talking about the worst gift. What is the worst gift to give? I thought to myself. The answer is gift cards. I think gift cards are the worst because they are just like cash except the cards must be spent at their retail store and they are lazy gifts such that one can shop for groceries and pick up a gift card next to the cash register.

I admit I gave out gift cards, but it was a long, long time ago @__@ I thought Macy’s gift cards were the best gift cards. Macy’s has a lot of selection for men, women, and children. Everyone has to wear pants, shits, blouses, and underwear. *Hee, hee* The prices are a little on the high side; however, the value and sale discounts are good.

If you have no idea what to give, give cash. Write a check. The receiver can do anything with cash? Go to his/her favorite stores, shop online, buy stocks, pay bills, and, in a nut shell, buy goods and services. Cash is good. Investors know cash is good because it’s flexible. The best gifts are flexible gifts. Some people say giving cash is a boring gift. It’s not! And cash can’t be a re-gift.

Another thought. Why do companies give employees gift cards instead of cash? I think the reason is gift cards can be tax write offs :->

What about fruit cake? Second worst gift. Happy holidays!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: